Really bad Health Anxiety.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys !

Im sorry its a very long post but please read till the end ...

So in the last two months i've been suffering from headaches that come and go . I suffer from anxiety disorder and been taking ssri since i was 17 (im 23) and i have derealization disorder 24/7 since that age. Something like 5 or 6 months ago i tried to lower gradually my pills till i wont be need to take any more and i did not react good to this change and i became very anxious and had brain fog and couldnt focus at all and got scared that i am becoming schizophrenic and that ive done an irreversible damage , so i returned to the pills and everything came back to normal but i started to have insomnia and vivid dreams and the ssri's only made them stronger so i stayed on 50mg till 12 days ago. 12 days ago i had a vivid dream and i woke up and was really confused and felt weird and became anxious . Since then the anxiety became stronger and i dont know if my derealization is stronger or its something else because i feel a very strong derealization and scared that i have something in my brain because the headaches because i cant focus and get confused with words (it happend to me before when i was anxious) and scared that i am developing schizophrenia but i dont have any symptome of schizophrenia and my psychiatrist always tells me to calm down because everything is fine , but now i feel different and im scared as hell !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You sound like me a few months back.

I was taking 5mg of Trintellix which worked fine for two years. However, in April they stopped working or what's called ssri poop out/tolerance. I became shy towards my 91 year old grandmother, became aggressive towards my mother which I never was in my life. Began having head aches, chest pains, heart palpitations, panic attacks in the middle of the night, chills, night jolts. I told my psychologist and mentioned that I should updose my medication since it stopped working.

However, due to stress from my family, not having work, selling some of my stuff to pay off my loans, bring bitten by a bee that it overwhelmed my immune system and got shingles outbreak in early June. I had to take a decision stay in the ssri and risk interaction with the antivirals or stop the ssri, cold turkey and start back again. I stopped my ssri. Let's say from there it's being hell since I've being in withdrawals. Right now I'm barely getting better since I did the dumb mistake of going back on the ssri for three weeks which made the symptoms worse.

I fired my psychiatrist since he blamed my symptoms on the antivirals. I'm like really?

From late August I've been having some wicked symptoms including hellish headaches, loss of coordination, insomnia, nausea, stomach cramps/constipation, skin hives/pimples, crying spells, anxiety, panic attacks. My primary did some blood work and everything came out fine.

From what you're describing your ssri poop out and that's why you're having these symptoms. I'm surprised that you're psychiatrist hasn't realized that. you might need to find a new psychiatrist since they're being of no help. What I'd recommend in doing is that go to your primary Dr and do some tests to get reassurance. If everything comes out fine, then you need to taper the meds or change them.

• Posted

Well actually he is a great Psychiatrist , he became the manager of the hospitalization facility in a mental health hospital ..

He is very kind and i got really connected to him , i do not think that my pills pooped out because i still feel them work , its just that i am really scared that my Derealization has changed to something worse...

• Posted

I don't know what to tell you then besides I hope it calms down with time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.