Really confused

Posted , 8 users are following.

I read on here earlier that 'people' are doing this life change all wrong,basically saying that for the pills to work you have to NOT have a fat free diet,I'm stuck at 95kg, and really struggling with calorie in take as I'm staying as low fat as I possibly can... Am I supposed to be eating chips? ( joke)

The leaflet that comes with the pack was also referred to, but I didn't get one , I'll ask at the chemist tommorow ( one of the girls in there has lost 4stone taking them as she says she didn't change what she ate, and if she had fish and chips she would take 2 orlistat rolleyes 

I'm working really hard but according to at least two people I'm doing it completely wrong rolleyes

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

It is my understanding that this a support for a short term boost. We have to work with the tablets and eat the less fat, change our eating habits and some excercise! 

If we don't change our habits, what's the point! 

As soon as we stop taking them, the weight will go back on, there is never an easy fix or easy way out, there has to be some investment from us too. 

I may be wrong but thTs my understanding and the way I am choosing to work with these tablets. 

X

• Posted

Hi

You can eat fat just not over the G, i have no idea why the woman would take 2 tablets????. They must have constantly had side effects. It has done me no harm. There is no reason to eat so low fat you faint and then at the other extreme level be eating fish and chips etc and having oil.

• Posted

Are you eating enough Shelagh? Too few calories is just as bad as too many x
  • Posted

I lost 3.5 stone and I was low fat all the way. My jobs too busy to be worried of accidents happening. My friend ruined her car seats taking these!! Had a Chinese and 💩💩💩she said it just gushed out!! No thanks! Plus what is it teaching you! ? The whole reason for taking them as so your good not to get the awful side effects and eat healthy. These people that eat the same as soon as they stop it will pile back on.  

I had a few weeks at 2.5 stone loss that I stayed the same, change what you eat, I changed from chicken to fish, had cous cous and didn't stick to certain things and the following week lost 6.5lb. smile 

I remember a slimming world consultant saying change your habits and it will start coming off again. She was right smile good luck, you're doing it right and changing your lifestyle which is the whole idea of them not to just flush you out!! Barf💩💩

• Posted

where is the post claiming this? she obviously (chemist woman) has no willpower at all she is taking diet pills yet continues to eat fatty food? does she think by taking 2 tablets she will put on no weight? those tablets are very dangerous and no way would i ever and i am sure no one on here would take 2 at a time. She obviously doesn't know the meaning of a healthy diet. some people do get stuck at a certain weight and as fatfairy said then you lose x weeks down the line.
    • Posted

I can't find it either! Doesn't it clearly say on the information provided, not to take more than the prescribed side in the prescribed method- or words to that effect! X

• Posted

Exactly it would be like taking 4 painkillers instead of 2 all the time- it's a dangerous overdose it's absolutely insane i would love to know what her liver is like! x
    • Posted

I can't find the post but not that bothered, ridiculous. All the helpful supportive posts on here and them all undone and questioned by one ridiculous and dangerous comment! C
    • Posted

hear hear! .agreed

And Shelagh you have lost weight so don't let one/two comments make you question your food habits as long as you are eating enough cals per day it is all fine x

• Posted

Yes this is true,. I was questioning it as I was reading it, I've only got my phone for internet access but I will find that post today and try to bump it up ( of that's ok) 

Shelagh xx

• Posted

Hi,

when I started the pills (12 days ago) I was told by the pharmacist "if you eat salad you don't need to have a tablet, but if you have chips you need to have a tablet" at the time g thought, g don't want to eat chips, g want to be healthy, change my attitude around food, not eat chips and think it's okay because I'm on orlistat, what will I do when g come off the tablets. so I have chosen to take 3 tablets a day with meals, it stops me snacking and eating the wrong things.I have cut everything out, even diet coke that I lived on! I feel fantastic, first weigh in is August 13th eek! Xx

• Posted

I eat chips i cut up potatoes spray with frylight and add seasoning hardly any fat! potatoes per 100g are 0.5g nicer than any chip shop plus little to no fat x
  • Posted

"In clinical trials, taking additional doses of XENICAL did not improve weight loss."

This is from the xenical website.  The chemist was just wasting an expensive prescription.

Don't do it, Shelagh!  My doctor said that I will hit a plateau just like any other weight loss plan.  She advised to change my routine, just as the others above have recommended.

Good luck, Shelagh!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.