Really confused and would like some advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am so confused in what to do, long story short. I have just turned 48 and I had a contraceptive implant in for 2 and half years, when first put in I had my regular periods up until mid last year that went to every few months and then since Jan 17 I have had one very short one in March, in May I was told I had high blood pressure so on BP tablets now but since June I started with real hot flushes and bad mood swings and anxiety plus insomnia since Jan so went to doctors and she did blood tests etc, got called back and she said the reading was extremely high and put me on HRT tablets Kilofem 2mg estrogen and 1mg progestogen which I was on for three months but made me so bad tempered so she told me to have my implant out as that releases progestogen to so I was getting to much, so fast forward to last Monday I had my implant out and read the leaflet in the Evorel conti patches and it said if your changing from tablet to patch to give yourself a 7day break which as from Tuesday no HRT pill on Thursday I have come on very heavy and still am and think the implant was stopping my periods and I shouldn't be on HRT. So my question is can I still use my HRT patches if I'm still going to have periods again? Really need some advice PLEASE.

Thanks Karen 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen. ..I have been on Evorel Sequi for 3 weeks. For the last year or so my periods have been very irregular but netherless still happening but didn't know when to expect them! Then the hot flushes,night sweats, palpitations, brain fog and continuous migraines started..

Sooo am hoping this will give me back my life . .flushes and night sweats have improved and am keeping my fingers crossed for the rest..

I hope u get some results...this type of hrt is meant for women still getting bleeds..good luck!

• Posted

Hi Karen, I think the blood tests might have shown low estrogen levels which is why the put you on HRT rather than that you weren't having periods. If it's making you feel better re. the anxiety etc then I would keep on as you can have bleeds with some kinds of HRT. Contact your dr and make them explain everything you're not sure about. It'll put your mind at rest but if you're feeling better on it I'd keep on with it till you've checked with your dr x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.