Really down today

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been feeling wired last few days, cold shivery but I've made myself swim and do yoga....just feel so very low today, its tiring typing this....have a few family stresses....I feel my heart is tired and sore and empty.....don't know whether to rest or go out, I just feel mentally and physically exhausted and very low.....this journey at times is soul destroying....I have two girls to look after and feel like I don't care.....devastated about this journey today...just want to cry.....I want my lovely nurturing caring hormones back, still in peri but periods closer together...any advice would be great....tried hrt but felt wired

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your feeling like this, needless to say many will reply saying they know what you mean. I personally found the peri stage worse than the menapause itself.

So hard to say as you say a few family stresses, tell me about, these alone i can vouch for you give that sore and empty feeling and its not nice. 

Whilst is good to try and exercise maybe when your feeling cold and shivery you have a virus or something else. So id say exercise in moderation and itds good you feel you can force yourself as they say some form of exercise is good and to even go for a short walk when your feeling down if possible ids good but dont push yourselfe to the point of exhaustion. You have two girls to look after as well and that on its own is demanding especially when you dont feel right yourself.

You may find your periods get close together then they will start being further apart like only one every two months and longer till you have none. How long did you stay on the HRT and what way did you feel weird?

The fact you felt tiring typing this tells me you may have a virus which hopefully will pass. Hope it improves for you. Are you on your own, any partner or good friends and family?

Sue x

• Posted

I am sorry to hear you are so down. You are doing the right thing by exercising. Keep it light as to not over exert yourself. I have been down for about two days myself and really irritable yesterday. I woke up at 3am today and can't get back to sleep. The low feelings are hard to shake especially when you are having personal stresses to add. You are not alone as many of us feel this way. You will get through it and you will be ok. ((HUGS))
  • Posted

Ok so now I feel really angry.....gaah...thanks for your reply susan....I felt wired on hrt to be honest.....just out of control on oestrogen.....maybe its renal fatigue ...don't know but these mood swings are horrendous....no virus, just down to hormones....going for a walk to park n hopefully feel better later, just been crying....head feels a mess,.....I have one friend who helps me, just frustrated with this and all these horrible thoughts and feelings....wears you down......I soooooo hope menopause will be better....thanks again Susan...hope your hormones are behaving today :-)
    • Posted

I can totally sympathize with you .. the mood swings can be pretty bad.. have you tried any natural supplements? The yoga really helped me over the years for sure.. hope you have a wonderful day today .. Barbara
    • Posted

Trust me, menopause is way better then perimenopause. My last two years of peri really threw me for a loop. Everything you wrote in your originial post, could have as well. I was even on a very short and I mean, short, 8 days course of HRT that included estrogen. Made me worse. I did use some micronized Progesterone for a bit, later on the did help, but overall, I know what you mean by wanting yourself back.

It will happen. I was fearful it wouldn't for me, but it has. Not sure there are any words that will actually help you at this point other than knowing, it's temporary. I hated the fatigue, not feeling like me and not being sure I wasn't going to be stuck like that. 

Only thing I can say, as susan wrote above, menopause is way better than peri. This will all pass.

Sending you hugs.

Anniexx

• Posted

What an encouraging reassuring post. You have just given me hope and probably hundreds of other women out there too.

Im in eighth year of peri.

No period for four months and tbh some days feel like im dying.

Thank you for letting us know it gets better.

God bless x

• Posted

Hi Michelle hang on in there, another 8 months without any periods then it starts to get better, promise. 

Sue x

• Posted

Thank you so much. Im praying I dont get anymore.

Im currently weaning off my Antidepressants at the moment aswell.

Down to half a tablet every other day.

Feel so sick today but your encouraging words make all the difference x

• Posted

Michelle im so glad, hope you you do well with weaning of them antidepressants too

Sue x

• Posted

Tropical.............feel for you, its awful isnt it, if you over do things whilst in peri flare up, you will over produce adrenaline,  and just messes our hormones up even more, try some long walks but gently does, empty your mind, typing like were doing is still using your mind, so that isnt really rest, fatigue lethargy when combined, makes you feel like its hard to get out of your chair, and you have lost your motiviation, this isnt primarily because your down, its because you havent got the energy which, is different, when you feel like this, best  to go out for a walk for about an hour nothing strenuous though, or swim for half an hour with breaks, it helped me, but dont over do it, that will lmake it all much worse if you do, drink plenty of water also, but try some, b12, magnesium, potassium, calcium, can get all that from food, or supplements at local chemists, black cohosh, all helps with low oestrogen, avoid refined sugars, go for high protein low unrefined carbs to keep sugars balanced all will help during flares,  feel better Tropical. 
  • Posted

I hate those miserable times too TropicalVon69. You just long to be yourself again. There are days when I wish I had no children, husband, or pets so I could just lay down and die without hurting anyone.  Have you tried the otc progesterone and estrogen creams, and black cohosh? I think they might be milder than prescription hrt. Hope you day gets better! 
    • Posted

Moody...........surely not the pets..............ha yes they are milder than prescription HRT, try some magnesium good for anxiety, potassium in bananas, extra salt on food, plenty water, vit d, and b12, try them instead, cost us  a fortune this menopause marlarky
  • Posted

Thanks so much for all your replies and especially the inspirational posts from all you post ladies....I feel a little more balanced today, have upped my anti depressant again after having it at Xmas...yah feel like that too moody, its hard looking after myself some days, on the plus side my girls are becoming a bit more independent, hey, silver lining :-)....thanks again for all your replies, it means so much xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.