Really freaking out

Posted , 3 users are following.

I posted the other day but things have got worse and I'm sure I have ALS/MND. I'm getting muscle twitches all through out the day everywhere you can think of. My legs mainly but it happens in my arms behind my shoulders my buttocks my eyelids my feet and when I move my mouth to certain position my cheek twitches aswell. It looks like my muscle have got atrophy. I'm sure my tongue has shrunk as I can see more of the back of my mouth then I used to. My swallowing is quite difficult along with with my breathing feeling worse. When I inhale I get a strange sensation and when I lay down it I have to take a deep breath just once then it goes. Is there anyone that can help its getting me really down

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Those are mainly anxiety symptoms. Treat yourself by ignoring these thoughts and maintain a healthy life. If you see this is difficult to battle alone then there are really effective medication that can be used to help you battling.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply is there any natural medicines that can help I don't really want to end up relying on tablets

• Posted

Lots of things: one of them is St John's as indicated by Yankeefrankie. Just try to take it under supervision. You have also to understand that not all these medications out there are habit- forming medication. They are used just to help you fighting the symptoms. The first line medication is within you. To understand how to stop worrying by educating yourself. I also recommend to try traditional Chinese medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbs)as it is very safe. Just make sure you find a good doctor.

• Posted

Stop believing your thoughts! You are creating a mess inside you. Clearly get a nuero exam if you have not had one. Then take that knowledge and dismantle what you have created in you. Your body and mind are working tigether and have made this connection as you have believed it every step of the way. Ithas to be challenged but you will need an exam as a starting point now. Then good therapy and understanding that you have created this and its a memory and formed connection of your mind and body both agree and bully you. The body know now these symptoms and the mind tells it oh yea the als symtoms you told us about seems all good and visa versa. But clear it with an exam. You believed your thoughts sadly. The bodys language is thiught.nthe minds language is feelings. They intertwine. They validate each ither thats how it works. Memories form and patterns forms. We are human thats how we work but it wasnt meant to cause fantom illnesses it was meant to protect you from danger.  Get an exam and then find a therapist who undestands the mind body connection. You have a lot of work to do to dissmantle this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.