Really heavy bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone experienced extreme heavy bleeding whist being on combined hrt? I am completely flooding out. Cannot walk . Been post meno for 1.5 years and am currently on week 6 of taking angeliq.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Weanmaz - HRT has been my saviour despite the fact all 3 types I have tried have made me bleed very heavily about 2-3 months in with 2 and almost mediately with the third. This resulted in me having to undergo ultrasound and hysteroscopy procedures to be sure nothing else was causing the heavy bleeds. After the all clear I have again resumed Livial which quickly made me feel my old self despite a couple of lingering symptoms. To be honest I would rather have heavy bleeding than the feelings of doom and sorrow - keep going the bleeding may be a side effect which will ease- but do seek medical advice if your gut feeling tells you all is not right - keep posting to let us know your progress - stay busysmile

Loui

• Posted

Thanks rjino. Since yesterday things have progressed. I ended up going to see another doc as bleeding and clothing was still persisting. Ended up having a d@c and currently waiting now to speak to doc to see how op want. Hrt been halted until return of biopsy. So I 'll keep you informed
  • Posted

Meno causes extremes in whatever your body is geared for.

If it's just for six months and then changes, don't stress.

It's a bit like the first year of your child's life. Some weeks are crazy and you think life will never be normal again and others are good.

I never thought I'd have to go through this hormonal sh!t again, but I do. Maybe it's good, we know we are alive.

• Posted

Thanks. The doc has 're examined me and my lining is very thick so I ve to have a d@c as obviously the hrt is my going to cure this until the progesterone increased. So to make sure nothing else going on I m having this then hopefully will resume with new get after .
    • Posted

Yes also had d & c with each hysteroscopy - was told the estogen thickening lining so hope the prog in Livial will prevent this so over it all - hang in theresmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.