Really need advice, anxiety I think !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so I'm new to this forum. I just really think I need someone to talk to or someone similar to what I'm going through although I know everyone is different ;(

August 2015- I was hoovering and I got a sudden sharp pain in my chest, scared the life out of me went to a&e everything was NORMAL! Again it happened a few days later back in a&e panic attack I think. I'm convinced it's my heart but all tests been done. I have even had an oral endoscopy to see if any pains that I'm having are related and again everything was normal. I can't begin to explain how I have felt these past 6 months? Every single day I'm paranoid about these pains that I take paracetamol just incase I have the pains. I'm so so frightened and I'm only 22! I do smoke and maybe I should give up. But surely this isn't my mind playing tricks on me as I genuinely have pains. They come on sudden and sharp left side of my chest although recently I have had in the middle more and when I breath in it hurts today. Also docs couldn't give me any explanation what it is so the symptoms I'm having seem like esophogus spasums. Please could someone write back it would mean the world to me honestly.

Thanks everyone for taking your time reading.

Beth

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Beth, I'm only 18 and I smoke aswell should probably quit haha but oh well! I've had anxiety since I can remember. Mine started off getting a sharp chest pain I wish I'd done something sooner. Do you have any other anxiety symptoms? Usually anxiety you have quite a few symptoms. Be easier to figure out if it is anxiety if you can tell us some other symptoms to see if we can relate x
  • Posted

Hi Beth

I had this ages ago I had all tests etc, it turned out it was back pain (I didn't actually get back  pain) which radiated to the front chest area. A doctor got me doing back stretches and correcting posture and it improved.

• Posted

Hi Beth 

Feel really sorry for you. It happened to me as well but I was eating something and suddenly my heart went racing I felt hot and my body started draining. I went to a hospital to have myself checked and it was nothing. Most probably it is a panic attack and It would be better if you seek counseling.

• Posted

Tell your GP you think it could be anxiety - can they help you. Yoga, meditation, exercise are all good preventative measures to help combat anxiety. Honestly, I would try to quit smoking if I were you. Nicotine is a VERY effective and powerful stimulant which always makes anxiety worse. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.