Really Struggling lately.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been struggling lately. I was diagnosed with depression at 15, been taking various medications since the age of 16. Now 22 the past still bothers me and i have today and the futures stress. My partner recently left me to be a single parent to our 7month old son which was planned. Me and my son live in a high rise block full of drug users and alcohol abusers. They won't move us as apparently there are no houses. Some twisted person put a match and newspaper through out letterbox our entrance is our only exit. I also suffer with anxiety currently taking quietipine 5 times daily as the issue is that bad. People have been stabbed in my block. I have no family support my parents are awful i went in a hostel age 16 as to put it nicely they just shouldn't have kids. Since my partner dumped me after 3 years i assume his painted me in a bad light as his family have blocked me. Although when we split we said we'd always be friends. I suffer multiple health conditions and I've just had enough. I'm already part of services have been for aslong as i can remember i don't know what i can do to make me feel better. x

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iona, I am a town councillor and housing association tenant. Whilst I appreciate there is truly a housing shortage, your situation sounds REALLY serious. Get hold of a letter off your doctor to say your health is being dreadfully affected and your son's. You need to move as an URGENT priority. IF you get no joy ring your MP! You MUST move and quickly, every housing association is desperate to keep hold of tenants, they reckon they're short of cash, it's nonsense. Lay it on thick with your doctor. I had to pay for mine but it says I have clinical depression and am on medication and need to be near enough to my doctor's because of my health. Tell me how you get on. I am telling the truth, I wouldn't lie to you.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to give advice. My CPN and doctor have already wrote a firm recommendation on mental health grounds. However the council will not entertain it as since my partner left i was left with arrears due to him not paying the last month he was living with me. The arrears are only 300pound however now being a single mum i can only pay small amounts. Although there is a direct debit to clear my arrears and I've been a tenant since 18 with no issues paying rent and never had arrears i feel as though now I'm in a bad place and they know my situation, all the years of being a good tenant count for nothing

• Posted

Your council sound like right grumpy so and SO's! Huh charming. Are you in private or rented accommodation? We're with a social landlord and have discovered they're ok when they want your money otherwise they couldn't care less! Rude just plain rude so we're now trying to defy them have a child and escape that way, 3 people count as overcrowded here. Check who your MP or local District counsellor is and go from there. I wish you luck it's tough, ours have tried a new trick they want rent a month in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.