Really struggling today

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm usually worried about my own health and have all sorts of symptoms but my 16 month old daughter has been sick 4 times since Friday night and I'm so worried about her. It seems to be every second day she's thrown up. She's not happy in herself either but has been eating and drinking.

Took her to the doctors this morning and they said they don't think it's a typical stomach bug as usually would be sick continuously and then get better, not have days keeping food and drink down and then throwing up again like my daughter is.

GP said sometimes we get these things and we get better and never know what it was but I'm worrying myself sick that it's something sinister. I have been crying on and off all day and I am a mess. The sensible part of me says it is just a bug/one of those things and she'll be fine but the other part says diererent.

Don't really know why I'm posting, just wanted to get it all out I suppose.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helen she might of been sick due to the hot weather we have been having she is eating and drinking so that's the main thing she will be totally fine. Just try not to worry about her.

I have had a bad day myself at work today ions and needles in my body and feeling sick constelty thinking oh my god am going to pass out here. Am at home now and am not so bad. 

You know were are all here to help each other. 😊

• Posted

Hi Rebecca. Thank you for replying. My older daughter was sick Friday morning and had been complaining of a tummy ache on and off the week before so originally when my 16 month old was sick I just assumed it was a bug but older daughter was only sick once and toddler every other day and she's just been quite wingy and miserable which isn't like her at all.

In the past I would have just thought its just a bug but these awful thoughts are so over powering, I hate it.

Sorry you've not had a great day but glad you're a bit better now home. X

• Posted

Hi Helen, 

If you are still worried ( and you know your child the best ) and you think anything is unusual, such as your little one being miserable, then please take her back to see your doctor, you are not making a fuss  her health is paramount, you could also get in touch with your health visitor or the NHS

Helpline are also very helpful and reassuring.

Trust your own instinct, if you do not feel  at ease then act upon it.

Children are very resilient, ( I have four ) but for your own sake if nothing else make sure that your doctor can really put your mind at rest.. 

I wish you and your family well.  Sincere regards to you,  Deirdre..

• Posted

Some people are more "sicky" than others.  Your elder daughter, because of the fact that she is older, is more able to fight off stomach problems which is probably why she was only sick once whereas your younger daughter has to be sick more times for her body to get rid of whatever it is that's causing it.  Actually, being sick four times since Friday night isn't too bad as that's over a period of five days. If you had said she was being sick continually then that would be different. One question I suppose is whether your daughter is sick immediately after or even during having something to eat or is she sick when it's not a meal time?   Have you given her some new food recently that's disagreeing with her digestion?  I think  she's just taking a bit longer to get what ever it is it out of her system.   As long as you give her plenty of drinks  and make sure she's not getting worse then she will hopefully be better quite soon.   She's probably not feeling herself because of whatever it is she's got and perhaps she's picking up on your anxiety about  it too.  The first few words of your message speak volumes, you obviously worry a lot about illness and that's bound to be why you are very worried about your daughter.  If she's eating and drinking then that's a good sign so I should try not to worry so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.