Really struggling today

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am really struggling today, I'm tired, and fed up. I know nobody cares, and I'm so upset and angry that people have run from me. Just because how I am. Only a few know, how I can I tell others when the ones that know did a runner. It's just so lonely, life would be easier if I could sleep for ever, I could even do that right. I'm just stupid. I hate myself for being like this, there got be a better way.

2 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey shar that is not there are people who sometimes it's just hard to see.....and those people who ran....well they don deserve you...since they left u at the point u needed them most....you are more stronger than u think......sometimes I feel like no matter how much I try to hold on something always hits me back down......if u feel like.....just letting u know sometimes when it's hard for us to hold on.....We should lay it down and let it go......instead of holding on.....let's be held.....not by humans.....because no one can understand wha we are going through....but by God....there are people who ran away in my life.....and I feel like my hold world is falling apart but than I somehow realised it's falling but instead of falling apart it's falling into place....so all I want to say is....put your whole trust on God....he will definately help.....have faith that He will help....Jesus loves you!!!....take care!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

there is always a way forward you just have to try and find it and anyone who is running from you will only bring you down if they stayed with you. Look on all the positive things that have happened in your life and think on how you got them ,then start a diary ,write down your ideas and understand the way your feeling today can change the way others feel tomorrow,with your help. Be there for each other ,thats why it is good to keep talking and sharing with each other. Oh and by the way your not stupid ,you just need to be shown the right direction on lifes path. Think positive thoughts that make you smile.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Just keep people in the loop so you have contact and that other can listen. Your not losing friends. Your true friends stay with you throughout. One problem I am seeing on this forum is people build a rapport with people but then in some cases its whittle away natural or its not quite strong enough to be what I would call a real friend. I think equally there are a minority of people who only post on the own posts or if they do post on other peoples again just post about themeselves. Whislt these people are clearly frightened it some time make other people worse as they worry and see individual only being there in that moment.

It is hard as a sufferer when you need support, but then the people you're talking to also need help. Shar Shar your sound like your very similar to myself and a number of others in that you see help as a mutual 2 way thing, building better communications, but then you may have been messages by these people only worried about themselves. It just one of those things in life dont let it worry you.

As for the friends you have around you its always difficult for other to understand how they can help ? There so much press about Mental Healtha and Depression that people are confused. I was reading a newspaper article that said the worst things you can do are 

1. Say pull yourself together.

2. It will be alright ( People dont then help to make it alright )

3. It will pass

4. It can only get better

5. Why not come out for a drink ?

6. A holiday will do you good

They dont understand the actual numbness as if they did they relaise its not so easy to just get up a flick a switch. If you can beat what I guess people call paranoia. Then t can be one fo the steps to recover. It damn hard thou as we all know with are things that trigger bad days, aches and pains, ringing ears, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, lonileness the list could go on on and on, each symptom being something you feel you have to fix either on its own or with a group of other to get yourself sorted. Time is the biggest healer,  but if your like me I am so impatient. I am the type that will continue to fight thru the flu ( at leats in the past ) but with depression its almost like the body stops and says rest, and yes you should rest ( whether you have depression or not ) but the busy lifestyle we all have and are expect to have so we can pay the bills etc mean we work longer hours and despite what anyone say we are all staus driven even if for some of us it a small amount.

I probably dribbling on now, but try to figh the negative thoughts. It won't be easy, but be easy on the people that are legitimately trying to help and drop thise that are only trying to raise their own challenge before yours.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Like people allways say you can count your true friends on one hand. People don't understand depression my husband being a perfect example. Stuff everyone else for now. Look after you. If you need to cry then cry. If you need to scream then scream. The best thing is to let it out. I am trying to withdraw from diazepam at the moment and having some bad days and nights so if you need a friend pm me day or night, I'm not going anywhere xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hope the monday blues have not been to bad. I am sure Jemima, Julie and Jo would love to hear how things are
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's been a bad day, I feel so fed up, today somebody got hit by a bus and all I could think I wish it was me, the day just got worse and worse, not such if I can handle home and work. Home is emotional and work stressful, I can't handle both. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi shar

sorry you've had a bad day. Can you tell me a bit more about yourself. Why is home so emotional? Married? Kids? Does your doctor know how bad you're feeling x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I care for my mother who is terminal ill. My dad has bad knees, has op on Friday, mum having a really bad day today, work really stressful, I live with my parents, can't see how I can meet anyone when I don't go out, and when I do go out, I look at my phone all the time. My nephew who is 3 need open heart surgery in the next month. Life is really hard,bong know which way to turn. I'm on antidepressants, and go back next Friday. I don't sleep, not once since last October, I'm just so tired. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You really do have your hands full it would make most people stressed. How long have you been on the antidepressents and which one if you don't mind me asking because some should help with sleep x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm on citalopram 40mg, they were upped about 3 weeks ago. I started on 20mg, on them for about 8 weeks, then they were put up to 40mg. I take them in the mornings. I see 3am every day, but I've seen 12am, and 2pm then around 3 to 4pm. It's so hard, being so tired, and having to carry on as normal. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nor really up on antidepressents but are there not ones you can take at night that make you sleepy. I took amitriptyline once which is an antidepressent at higher doses but in doses of around 30mg helps you sleep. It worked well for me x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

To be fair you can take any anti depressant at any time, the suggested time is just a suggestion. Its down to how the drug effects you to be honest. I know peaople that took Citalopram in to dose during day rather than one large dose. Same with mirtazapine which is supposed to make you sleep, i know people that took it in the morning

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm not to bad today, I had one really bad day, if it was not for fact I didn't have enough tablets then I would have done, but it must work first time. But I'm better to day, not good or bad, an OK day. How are you?
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up