Really struggling with coping with anxiety and panic attacks.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been off work for two weeks and a bit and am really struggling my down periods. I have been to the GP and treatment is on going.

I have suffered with anxiety before but this is something on a whole other level.

I get to the point where i am unable to do anything, i feel like i cant move! It is awful.

I get terrible shakes, feel like i cant swallow food but i am extremely hungry, my heart races and i got hot prickly feelings in my arms. Along with that horrible wooshy feeling in my stomach.

Some days i suddenly feel i am better then boom another day its back! Whether there is a reason for it or not. I have been signed off a further 4 weeks and am waiting on test results as i have been ill since October with Glandular fever and breathing problems.

After 4 weeks off with that in March i then went back to work and moved out for the first time at the age of 25 with my boyfriend. We have lived together previously so i know it isnt anything to do with him. The only thought is i did far too much too soon after being so poorly for so long.

Anyway, i just feel when i am having a bad day i cannot cope and cannot imagine carrying on day after day if i feel this way.

Any advice or own experiebces would be helpful so i know that i can get over this and get back to life again one day. Sorry it is a long one!

Leanne.

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

HEY Leanne you will get thru  it i,m a 31 year old female i have suffered with generalised anxiety and panic attacks on and off for the last couple of years. Like you i signed myself out of work for tewo weeks due to the high level of anxiety i returned to work last week i started 10mg escitolpram 4 weeks ago i do feel a bit better as i had no interest in anything but slowly but surely you will get through its easy to say that but when your in it you think you cant but you will
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same way, please don't think you are alone. Do you sleep well? Are you taking medication?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been on 20mg Citalopram for 5 years. I have been given propanolol to calm me down from the doctors because i was in a bad state. But then i had a reaction to those which made my blood pressure low, i couldnt even sit up, which then made my anxiety even worse! Then they gave me Diazepam and that helps most of the time when i need it (obviously only to be taken when really needed).

It is honestly the worst feeling ever! And thank you for your replies. Hope you are both okay and not feeling too bad! X

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This sounds so much like me I have struggled before with anxiety but not to this level .

I stopped going out jumping at everything my symtoms was

crazy I had your symtoms and more .

I then starter to get better I started cbt had to stop due to family reasons Unfortunately so back to square one have you tried cbt ? Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have a meeting Wednesday to suggest next steps to cope with everything. I have to wait and see if illness is causing the level of anxiety due to length of time being ill. Maybe my body has run out of steam and my minds agreeing.

Anxiety wise, my main anxiety as of recent is becoming ill again. Sounds so silly because i have now made myself ill mentally! But i was worried about work and their disciplinary decisions at first, then i got anxious one day, i woke up and couldnt sleep and havent been the same since.

Also the moving out part, i have always been a home bird! Never liked staying away from home much. But the strange thing is i dont miss home as far as im aware! Sure i miss it a bit, the security of less responsibilities, but if i knew going home would help me i would have gone back. But i dont feel at all like going back home, i love my flat!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The scared of becoming ill but making yourself ill is so true !

when I first moved out at 16 I was petrified I had no choice and I hardly knew my partner everything went so fast and I freaked out and would have panic attacks all the time moving out is a big deal at any age and there's nothing wrong with been a home bird maybe that you felt safer been at home maybe looked afrer and now the worry is there that you now have to fend / look after yourself I might be wrong but I know a lot of that was part of me when I moved like I felt if anything happens before I was at home and my parents would be there but moving out you have to look after yourself it's great that you have arranged to be seen I do believe though moving out even if you have lived on your own moving to a new place causes a lot of anxiety as it is no matter what form it is I have been in 5 houses since I was 16 ! Each time I have had some sort of anxiety from it

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Agree , there defo will be some sort of hidden anxiety about moving. Completely normal tho it's just because it's a change. Sometimes change can be hard on anxiety xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have now been upped to 30mg citalopram. I have my DAS meeting tomorrow afternoon, im nervous about it but i am also feeling hopeful it can be the start to better days and coping again.

Ive had to come back to my parents for now just to try and have some relaxing time to myself.

My boyfriends got a puppy and i just cant cope with it all as well as my anxiety before we got him. He thought it would help me, he doesnt quite understand it all. Thinks im just being lazy and theres nothing wrong with me. That i should just ignore the feelings im getting and get on with it. X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up