Really worth trying!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have read many posts from members that mention how constipation has affected them .

Since my surgery I have been taking high doses of vitamin C because I had read how it really helps the healing process and oh boy, does it help stop constipation!!!!

I'm taking 2000mg daily and I like the orange chewable tablets. They're so nice I could eat loads but that's more than I dare do!

It's really worth a try, taste nice, helps healing too! X

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Be careful high doses of vit c can screw with electrolytes. Another natural to try for constipation is magnesium. Start with 400mg for a week and increase as necessary.
  • Posted

For me straight orange juice, has the same effect as epsom salts, whooosh.

I have to be very careful not to drink to much, asked Dr once, and he said yes some people are affected that way with orange juice.

In the hospital they were giving me pear juice, lovely and sweet, and really very nice and gentle, works well.

• Posted

hi carol ...

great tip - I was fortunate and didn't have that problem after THR surgeries , but I know how bad one can feel when nothing moves out ...

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.