Reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

For some reason I feel like my panic attacks are a lot worse than a lot of people's I guess I'm just looking for reassurance to know I'm not alone so when I go into a panic attack the first symptom is the left side of my body goes weird meaning like touching my face and even touching other parts of my body just seem off and then it feels like some of my face is missing then it goes into my whole body feels almost paralyzed a long with a feeling that I'm leaving reality and I can't get back to it even people trying to comfort me doesn't even help me it's the scariest symptoms I've had to deal with during my panic disorder I guess I'm just trying to see if anyone else has a similar experience. Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi anna

Your not alone trust me I feel like mine are the worst aswell

Im in a panic% anxiety state constantly. I wont leave the house cause of it and I cannot be alone but I cant talk to anyone aswell cause I just feel jumpy and panicky.

I used to feel the left side of my brain was asleep and no doctor could understand that symptom.  And yes I touch my skin even pull it cause I feel im not connected in my body. The feeling will disappear over time.

• Posted

Apparently thats a dissociative disorder which is called deralisation and depersonalisation. I was like that for a while so bad trust me I went through hell but I did get better so I know fot a fact you will aswell. Trust me I had the worst anxiety and panic ever about 19yrs ago when i was 14yrs old. I couldn't get off the ground freaked out all day long back and forth with my parents to doctors literally 5 times a day cause I was extremly jumpy had sensations of jumping in and out of my body just felt so triped out and like the Left side of my body was dead like asleep, trance, day dreamy and foggy but eventually it disapears. I got it again 7yrs later recovered and now 10yrs later I got it again. 

Every time I recovered I still had the panic phobias

and anxiety but I still felt normal and wad fine with that. Im struggling really bad at the moment aswell.

I feel sorry for all of us that feel like this but we eventually will get better.

xx 

• Posted

Hey Tanya. By your left side what exactly did it feel like. Ur left side brain like ear area and general hemisphere of left side head?

I too have felt this derealization and brain fog on left side or somewhat pressure or discomfort. It has gone down some now but it still feels lingering...  This something like u get?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.