reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 1 mg of xanax a day and I usually take .25 4 times a day and last night I didn't take the fourth one. I am going through a depression crisis and I am trying to come out of it. I feel horrible and I keep beating myself up on the inside but last night I felt amazing and didn't think I needed it. I know noe that regardless of how you feel u have to take it regardless has this ever happened to anyone else. Just looking for some reassurance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Missing tablets should be avoided, some tablet effect people in different ways. So for example if I missed a Mirtazapine when I was on it , for one day I would be ok, For venflaxine I am ok too but when i was on citalpram if i was any more than 1 hour later i was in real bother even after taking it for around 24 hours
  • Posted

Hello. Funny thing you mention this as my Dr and I discussed this at my last appt. Do not skip or not take a scheduled pill, take half of your ativan (me) and your xanax half (you), if you feel you don't need the full dose any longer , cut in half, am or pm, you pick and keep it on same time for two weeks and see how you do. 😊Good luck
  • Posted

Interesting as I couldn't take xanax. Didn't work. Remember if you do cut back keep it that way two weeks if you can. You just might not need that much which is great. Good luck
  • Posted

I agree keep taking at the same time but if you feel you can cut back it has to be a phased cut back. Just a suggestion send an email to your GP practice telling your GP what you are doing and if he/she has any concerns to let you know at least you've told your GP. N 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.