Reassurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I really hate for it to seem like I'm asking the same questions over and over but I'm having some strange issues and I need some reassurance. I am on my first week and my vision has gotten weird. Lights seem very weird and my eyes are overly sensitive. Things just don't look the same. And I feel off. Has anybody else had this affect? I feel very off. I am just rather scared I've never been through any of this before and I literally Have no one I can ask for help. I don't see my doctor until the 14th.Thank you all for the help. I am trying to push through but it's hard staying hopeful

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Awb yes I noticed my eyesight was a bit different and things looked different try not to worry about it or it will seem worse. It will get better soon but you feel worse before you feel better. And just ask if you need to ask as we all support each other
    • Posted

Thank you Debbie. This is all so weird and I'm sure anxiety makes us all think our symptoms are unique to just us. Everything being surreal makes it worse

• Posted

Yes Awb the anxiety makes us think it's a lot worse!! And I remember that surreal feeling was the worse thing I felt but I promise it will get better soon

• Posted

Hi, yes I was the same anything slightly strange and I would panic but this will ease for you once the Citalopram ate in your system xx
    • Posted

Once again thank you Debbie. My anxiety is mostly just focused on feeling so off but I wish I could make a stop at the constant thoughts keep flooding. I have no choice but to keep pushing through.
    • Posted

That is exactly how I'm feeling! Everything looks weird and it's making me panic more. That's all I can focus on. The doctor didn't tell me I would have any effect from starting to take it and that's why am just so confused and lost. Thank you so much for your reply Rachel

• Posted

What were your symptoms before you started taking Citalopram?
    • Posted

insomnia and racing thoughts/anxiety. I don't have many of the physical symptoms of anxiety anymore but I just have constant ruminating about all that has happened with anxiety for the last 5 months. Constantly replaying the same questions or trying to come up with an answer. I just want to feel calm again in my mind back

• Posted

Good on you Awb you will get there and yes I thought my doctor would of told me I would feel worse before feeling better but at least your not alone this site is great
    • Posted

It is tough but the tablets will take a few weeks to kick in and those racing thoughts should slow down a bit in the meantime just keep yourself as busy as you can that's how I got through the first few weeks xx

• Posted

You have not been on the drug for very long so if you can put up with these side effects until your appointment it may clear.

See how you get on, it will take a couple of weeks to see your GP anyway and you have that appointment

If it is really bad you could talk to the Surgery on the phone you may get a call back

BOB

• Posted

Ive been on just under a week and the last time i felt like this i was 19 in a nightclub.

I all clenched

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.