Reassurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 3 weeks an drew a day on Prozac today so 22 days and I still feel the same in my mind : worry , obsessive thoughts and anxiety x100 . So I'm wondering how long more until I see benefits ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Spice 

I think I mentioned to you in another post, that it wasn't until I got out past four complete weeks that things got slightly easier for me. I had exactly what you describe before this and I couldn't sleep no matter how much sleeping medication I took. I was a complete mess. 

The changes are very very slow, but I'm about to start week 8 and I'm doing much better -  not perfect, but manageable. 

Hang in there. 

Cheers 

Craig

• Posted

Hang in there Spice, you are not alone. It's going to get better. Little steps I keep hearing. We can do this. Get out of your room for a bit. Try and take a bit of a walk. It sometimes helps me. Keep trying, I know how hard it is. I have to drink a lot of water because all I seem to do it cry.

i believe in you.

Laurie

• Posted

I am on day 28 on 20 mg. I am better but still need to take .25 xanax daily. It's been a ride! I started with a panic attack at school back in February and I've had constant anxiety until about 2 weeks ago. I didn't think I'd get through it. It's been tough hiding it from my teacher coworkers. I was first put on bupropion and buspar from feb-end of April which sent me to the constant anxiety. Then I was put on fluoxetine which has helped. These forums have helped me immensely because people around me can't possibly imagine what I've been through. Sitting outdoors and drinking hot tea have helped calm me at times. I'm not as shaky anymore, and my morning anxiety has calmed down. I kept reading how I needed to give the meds time and like they said it gets better. I'm not 100% but an hoping to get there. I go next week to my GP. We'll see what he says. My fear is that he won't prescribe anymore xanax. I don't use it unless I really need it, but what if he doesn't give me more and I have an attack. I don't know how to approach him with the request without sounding desperate. I wish you well and hope relief comes soon.

• Posted

Hang in there. Much like Craig mentions, I also struggled until about week 5. Even now at week 9, there are down days but man the good moments are so good it keeps you going. At least then you know it's not all bad like the initial phase and I am sure that'll motivate you as it has the rest of us on here. Also keep writing here, the support I got here from people was extremely beneficial. I actually feel if I hadn't had the support I would have stopped the medicine but the best advice was to keep taking and be kind to yourself. Whatever it is that relaxes you, makes you happy try to do that. I am positive soon you'll be writing such messages to others on here. Take care.

• Posted

Spice, 

How are you doing? Hang in there and you'll be better before you know in. There is really nothing I can say to make you feel better. But you can try little things to make the days pass a little easier, like force yourself to go out to take a walk, I find drinking hot tea helped me, cuddle with cats if you have one, or watch something that is happy on TV.

Hang in there, really! It'll be better before you know it.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.