Reassurance needed please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi me gain lookiing for reassurance on week 9 of citalopram ,week 5 pf 20mg.have made loads of improvements but still have to force myself to do things. On a daily basis,I have uneasy feeling most of the morning will this get better or do I need to go back to dr for an increase.i am practising feel the fear and do it anyway,but it's so very hard ....

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sue.

When I took Citalopram, I always had anxiety attacks in the morning.It was always th emornings when I felt so bad.

I could not get used to them at all and had to come off them.

I tried for weeks to no avail.

Could not sleep, loose bowels, increased anxiety, poor apetite.

I am not blaming the tablet but I do not think that theyhelped.

I was of course warned that the frist couple of monthst are the worst.

I decided to stop and I have not kept the anti-depressants up, however, I know of people who say that they have been a lifeline for them.

Let me know how you go.

Chris

• Posted

Hi Sue, I'm about 15 weeks into the medication, it does get better. Each day you get a little bit better until you wake up one day and your anxiety isn't the first thing that comes into your head. I know it seems never ending but for me it's working. Bear with it, the symptoms will ease and you will feel 'normal' again. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for kind words, did it take you more than 9 weeks to feel normal again ...sue x
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

I so feel for you - you don't know how I do.

I hope this helps.  The morning thing is because our hormones come in over night and obviously we wake up with them banging around - which does make our anxiety or any other feelings worse.  This is a medical fact that I have questioned too and got this answer. 

Best advice and I know this is hard is to get up and go for a nice walk - hey presto you get rid of them quicker and it really does set you up for the day.

If you can stay away from an increase, as it will just make you feel more devoid - but also you might get more side effects from increasing.

I know the fear thing is oh so hard - but if you want to I am always here to help you with your thoughts and get you through - if you want to private message me I can help. That is why I did the training and learnt how to counsel as I wanted to learn myself what was going on and also help people where I didn't get any.

All my loves and big hugs.

MelXx

p.s.  As reassurance I am crb checked.

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Hope you are feeling better today.

Just to let you know uplifting you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mel Xx

• Posted

Hi Mel

thank you I look forward to your helpful replies went to bed last night at eight and slept till six so I needed a good rest. I didn't feel great this morning but got going as day moved on.had review at dr and tried to explain my feelings to her she says I'm doing well considering how bad I was and thankfully doesn't want me to up the dosage

• Posted

Hi Sue

No probs - if can help here for you.

Glad your dr isn't upping your dose.

Keep in touch Mel Xx

• Posted

Thank you ,had a good day at work today and just in from a long dog walk so I have earned feet up time tonight.......trying to learn acceptance that every day is different with anxiety until hopefully I conquer it sue xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

Oh so glad you have had a good day at work.  You ain't going to believe this but you were in my thoughts and that is exactly what I was going to send to you about acceptance.  It took me quite a while to accept and fought it for quite a while - but the frustration was driving me up the wall because I was always somebody that had so much energy and then bang nothing.  But once I reached acceptance and realized there was no magic button that was going to make me feel like my old self til through the menopause - bingo I rebuilt a lot quicker.

Couple of things I have learnt along the way as know lots of women that have gone through this, the two areas it hits the hardest is driving this is because when hormones are all over the shop due to the hugh fluctuations during these years, it really messes with our neuro chemistry and we don't coordinate that well.  With me due to the severities I went through before these patches I just couldn't drive.  Used to play good golf, then went from that to not even being able to hit the ball due to this and my brain used to feel lop sided.  Okay though as I knew what was going on through training and the Professor.  It used to effect my pupils and all sorts.

The other thing is shopping - just overwhelms women - mind you I hate that job at the best of times.

But at my worst I could stand there and try and cook and I couldn't even think how to do it.  Talk about senior moments!!!!!

My husband used to call them my scatty moments and I used to think oh no I am turning in to a scatty mare - but that has all passed.

We all have fears Sue it is just the years leading up to and during menopause, it is normal that they all come out as our brains are just all over the shop.

I wish I could just put from my brain in to yours, all that have learnt, trained and been shown.

Take care and hope you have a nice rest of the weekend.

Big hugs Mel Xx

p.s. another good thing, every now and then is to look back and see how far you have come - no matter how little - you are moving forward.

• Posted

Yes Mel little by little baby steps,some days forward and some days back but overall improving smile xx thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Sue,

Glad to hear your improving - no matter how slowly.   Here's praying you have a good week.

Mel Xx

p.s.  uplift you in my thoughts. cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Sue, it did take me longer than 9 weeks to feel better. It's only now I can truly say I feel like my old self, everyone is different but looking back I can't believe how bad I was and what a journey I have been on. I've tried acupuncture, attended a stress course for six weeks, have cut down on caffeine and am trying to get out walking more. I've also started back to yoga, the breathing exercises really help. I'm now back to work full time and have even booked a short break away. You will get better, be kind to yourself and do whatever you feel will help you to gain strength. Keep in touch xo
    • Posted

Thank you again I've had a better day today been to work and even managed a couple of hours without thinking about anxiety( lovely) I have to realise that every day is different with anxiety and accept the journey instead of fighting it every day. Your words are comforting......sue xx
  • Posted

Hi Sue, glad you had a better day and got some relief. One of the little things I picked up at the course which I'm using as a sort of mantra is FEAR which stands for Face Everything And Recover. Whenever I have a wobble I repeat this, take a deep breath and go for it 😄 xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.