Reassurance please!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok most of you know I'm struggling with anxiety so bad but I'm still not sure what's going on, has anyone gotten a sharp pain in left side if chest and a hot flash come right after? I'm doing this and it's freakin me out I've had EKGs last month most recent and was normal.the pain only last a few sec but the hot flash last alittle longer please someone respond has anyone done this? Even when this isn't happening I still get off and on random little pains in chest diff areas. I can't take no more I'm really going to lose my mind I'm not ready to die and I don't know what's triggering this to happen it just happens out of the blue. Does this sound like anxiety or heart related. Last Thursday dr listened to heart said heart was fine ekg was fine

0 likes, 28 replies

Report / Delete

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Pamela, 

Calm down, sweetheart. I get them a lot of the times even when I don't feel anxious! That is because we think we are not anxious, but there is something in our sub concious mind that is making boosting our adrenaline. Do you get fast HR, too? Well, I do and yes it can be freaky. But so long you have doen the EKG and your Dr. has said it's fine, you should have nothing to worry about, hun.

Look after yourself smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is completly normal to get pain in your chest from anxiety, so don't worry about that and the hot flashes I assume is just a reaction to it, aka anxiety. I get pain in my chest alot when I have a lot of anxiety, you are not alone. Don't worry. It is just the anxiety causing an adrenaline rush which in turn can cause some pain in different areas, and is also the cause for some people to feel dizzy and sick when they have anxiety attacks or panic attacks.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Kinda stops me in my tracks when I get the pain and that's when the hot flash comes about and comes across my whole chest . And I'm left all evening feeling out if sorts and fighting off anxiety and tiny pains here and there in chest it's all horrible

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah it is all horrible. You just need to fight through it. Go see your gp if you haven't yet about this they might be able to give you some medicine to help or some tips to how to deal with it all. Just try not to get too overwhelmed with everything. Let the doctors be the ones who worry about your health, you do not have to, just do your best. That is all I can say. Try to live a happy life.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've tried many meds I was given gabapentin from psychiatrist I say a few weeks ago I'm so scared to try that med it's mainly for nerve pain and seizures. I see her Friday I'm going to address my fear of this med I've called several times and left messages be no call back. There has to be something that's easy on side effects for someone who is sensitive to meds. I've tried lexapro,paxil,zoloft twice,hydroxyzine,prozac,buspirone,theres other i can't think off the top mybhead right now. Can u suggest anything that would be easy tolerated that's not in these line of meds I'll discuss with her on Friday

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Since my first panic attack 1 month ago it's been very hard on me moving on...so to answer your question, yes personally I do get sharp chest pains and definitely a hot flash after, i don't know about you but I get them all through out the day. But it is normal , especially if your like me and your constantly paying attention to it and obsessing when the next time it'll happen will be.that makes them come 10 times as much. But when you can some how manage to forget about it you will realize you don't have them as much or even at all .

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up