Reassurance please upped to 60mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all 3 weeks ago I upped my Prozac to 60mg after being on 40 for a good five years I had stupidly missed a lot of dozes well Withdrawal crept up on me like never before !! I started taking the 40mg religiously for 5 weeks then with docs advice upped to 60mg 3 weeks ago but I don’t know if it’s helping I still feel disconnected and very tired still suffering with anxiety and no motivation just need some reassurance that this is how it’s meant to be I suppose ! I’ve been on fluoxetine on and off for 12 years so I know it works but I’m afraid that I won’t be better and that they are never going to work 😢 they said I can try a different antidepressant but that would mean weaning all the way down slowly and then being off them altogether for a week or two the thought of that scares me to death ! Xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I’m on 60, it takes a while.  At least 6 weeks before I saw a benefit.  It’s been a little over 6 weeks for me.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply hun , as it was just increase I thought it would of only toke a couple of weeks 😏 I’ll hold on just praying they’ll work x

• Posted

Hi Hun just looking for some reassurance I’m now goin into nearly week 5 and I’m no worse than ever constant worry and dread feel like I don’t want to go anywhere and intrusive thoughts is this normal for week 5 with just an increase xx
  • Posted

Hi I’m going into week 4 on 60 things still up and down but can see an improvement hold on x
    • Posted

Hi Hun thanks for reply it’s getting so draining just hoping they work this time xx
    • Posted

Hi Brenda nearly going into week 5 of the 60mg and I have to say I feel worse constantly worrying and feeling like I don’t want to go far and no motivation was this the same for you at week 5 at just an Increase xx
  • Posted

Hi same here I’ve been on 60 mg for a few years then I got sick and was subscribed antibiotics all of sudden it came back aniexty no interest no energy not feeling like myself the doc upped me to 80 mg a week ago still feeling same but lorazepam helps with the aniexty but still wondering if going to be myself again 
    • Posted

Aww it’s horrible isn’t it just hope they haven’t stopped working because they are fab when they work . It’s such a nasty feeling just want to be me again and enjoy life xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.