recipe ideas and advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I have been taken my pills now since Monday, and so far so good.... rolleyes

However, can anyone suggest any websites etc for decent low fat recipes that actually show the fat content?!

I can easily find plenty of what claim to be low fat recipes, but with no nutritional values at all, which is a bit of a pain!

Also, has anyone got any tips for cooking for more than one and working out calories/fat?

For example, if cooking pasta plus chicken and veg etc, it is more or less impossible for me to weigh out my food without separating out each item and weighing them, and keeping each of our meals separate, which seems a bit pointless when we having the same?

Any advice greatfully received!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also, please can someone advice on the use of oils etc? if I wanted to use very small amounts of olive oil for cooking, how do i count this????
  • Posted

i don't use oil when cooking anymore, i use that low fat low cal spray. As for the recipe's i've always cooked from scratch and calculated the fat per portion due to the lack of nutritional info on recipes. I always cook for myself and fiance, usually he'll have whatever i have but will add butter, cheese etc to his where appropriate.
  • Posted

Hi thanks, I did buy some low cal spray today actually so will try that and see how I go.

With regards to the calculating per portion etc, thats where I'm getting confused.

Lets say for example tonight I cooked Quorn mince with pasta sauce etc with noodles.... I had to cook my mince and sauce etc separately from my husbands, as I cannot weigh the mince/sauce AFTER it has been put together and cooked with veg?!

Am I being too anal about how much exactly I have???? :roll: :oops:

• Posted

Hi,

If all your ingredients were under 5g fat per 100g you will be fine.

Or if not you could work out your total fat by saying if you are halving your dinner with hubby or a bit less work out half and shave off another 10%.

Thats what I used to do when I first started.

Sasx

• Posted

thats great, thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.