recommend a clinic

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi - anybody know of a good clinic that can remove seborrheic warts on the face, been to a nhs dermatolgist , referred to my gp, but they say  its a not dangerous condition and can be treated only privately, these started appearing a few years ago on the side of my face and gradually ive noticed they are becoming more and more in groups, ive lost my self esteem and  have stopped going out as i feel people are staring at them, i would like to have them removed and been reading that its a simple procedure of cryotherapy or Curettage, the dermatologist i went to see sprayed them with liquid nitrogen about 3 days go, havnt noticed the slightest difference and still the same. anyone recommend a good local private clinic that can remove them around the birmingham area?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The best person to ask is your own doctor,who will know the best one by reputation.  Be prepared to spend at least £500,although the first appt where you will be assessed will be about £100. You have to pay the £100 but are given an estimate of what treatment will cost and then its up to you whether you carry on or not.   A private plastic surgeon is best for surgery on the face...this will give you the best outcome.   Dont pick the cheapest...not always a good idea where facial surgery is concerned,you could end up with scarring. Good luck. 

• Posted

i did ask my doctor, he sent me to a community dermotoligist in sparkhill, birmingham. the dermotoligist said they are seborrheic warts , nhs wont do anything , but gave me a clinic called "Modality Medical Spa" on soho road, hamdsworth..gonna give them a ring, but you are right its gonna be around the £500 mark , most charge £150 above just for a consutation fee, which personally i personally think is way too much but if it works and its gets rid of them unsightly seborrheic warts then its gonna be worth it...will ring them..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.