Recovery advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

12 days since A&P prolaspe surgery, can anyone help with advice on what I should be doing to help my recovery, I have peiced together what I should not be doing thanks to this marvellous site, but keep reading about walking daily, as the only advice I receive on discharge from hospital was don't lift anything heavy and follow physio's advice any help on this would be really helpful.

i dint want to do the wrong thing and end up back where I started.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dear Kay and Joan, I was wondering where you both live? I am in West Sussex in England.
    • Posted

Hi jane I'm in Huddersfield I was very lucky I had my op in a private hospital my surgeon insisted she did it there they were amazing
    • Posted

Hi Jane I'm Manchester and was also lucky enough to have my op in a private hospital thanks to my consultant.
    • Posted

I was in Chichester, they ran out of beds in the normal nhs ward so got put in the private ward, room of my own, tv etc. I could not fault them, they were brilliant! 
  • Posted

Dear Kay and Joan, I was also wondering how old you both were? I am 58.
    • Posted

55, put up with what I thought was just a slight prolapse for years
    • Posted

I put up with mine for about 20 years, with backache and now no prolapses and my backache has gone too. Funny thing now is that I cannot enjoy a glass of wine anymore, gives me migraines.
    • Posted

I'm 48 and I've suffered with my bowl for 4 yrs but then gradually got worse then 3 weeks before my op the presure from my bowl caused my bladder to just go do was quite quick for me
    • Posted

Funny how we just ignore things and just get on with doing all the thing we need to do
    • Posted

Sound awful! I hope the op has worked for you? Did you have a bladder sling like me? 
    • Posted

Can I ask how you both manage with the lovely white socks!! I struggle to get them on and off myself so that has become another job for my husband, as I find it difficult to reach without it being painful
    • Posted

Did u bring you them home with u ? I only had them in hospital
    • Posted

Yes left with one pair on and a spare pair told to keep wearing them until mobility back to almost normal
    • Posted

I was never told that I left my stockings at hospital , amazing how we told different things isn't it
    • Posted

Yes you would think it would all be the same, no wonder we get confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.