Recovery after Vagainal hysterectomy & Prolapse repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am 37 years old and had vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse repair (posterior and anterior) on 5th Feb. So I am 9 days post op.

so far so good, other than feeling VERY tired and some pain discomfort which I am managing ok with paracetamol and naproxen.

I have done very little since been home but today finally feel like getting ready and possibly going shopping to stock up (with husband who will obviously drive/carry bags ect)

Would this be too much too soon?

Husband suggested hiring a wheelchair so if can't manage been on feet could sit down?? Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated. I need to start moving to help with bowels but don't want to overdo it.

Was given very little information when I was discharged from hospital other than no lifting.

Thanks. X

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think you will be fine as long as you don't carry anything and don't walk to far..as it really does tire you out a lot..😊 I no what you mean I had my surgery 22nd Dec I'm ok now see my consultant on Friday..for check up..hoping for the thumbs up..just take it easy is the key 😊
    • Posted

Thank you, hope check up Friday goes well.

Its the tiredness that has floored me far more than the pain! I usually can't sit still but actually enjoying relaxing and day time tv 😉

• Posted

Thank you..me too it totally wipes you out.,take care 😘
  • Posted

Too much too soon jill. Sorry but you will probably regret it later today or tomorrow. You have to start building your energy up very slowly. Basically you've had 2 surgeries in one. 
    • Posted

Hi matron I can't stop weeing is it possible it's a water infection.,nothing to do with anything else 🙈
    • Posted

Have you any other symptoms debra such as pain or stinging when you pee? If you have then very probably but even if you haven't there's always a small chance it could be the start of an infection. Usually with an infection you pee small amounts often.
    • Posted

Hi no stinging or pain..I go then not long after I have to go again even though I've not drank a lot..and it's not always just a trickle..should I go and see my Gp my hospital app is on Friday it don't leak or anything.i just have to go were ever I am 😳
    • Posted

I took my dog out the other day and had to have a wee behind a bush 🙈
    • Posted

I'm getting stressed about it ..
    • Posted

Could be what they call a low grade infection. Sometimes you get just the frequency and no other symptoms and often nothing shows up on the urine specimen either. Just keep drinking lots of water and see if you can flush it out.
    • Posted

Yes of course and 2 paracetamol as well if you need them. They work much better together anyway.
    • Posted

Ok if I have an infection can it make it feel a bit uncomfortable again sorry
    • Posted

Ok and thank you..sorry to keep bothering you 😘
    • Posted

If you were bothering me debra I'd stop replying 😘😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.