Recovery time

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All

I have now got my operation date for the 14/05.

I am due to go on a cruise to Norway on the 16/05, do you think timing will be ok.

I don't want to postpone as having 2 or 3 painful episodes a week at the moment.

I plan on taking it easy.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Steve

I had my key hole surgery done on the 12 th now my surgery was key hole they found it very hard to remove I was in surgery along time longer that usual . When I woke up I felt very sick , my tummy was swallen and I couldnt move I would say even tho now two weeks later I'm still not able to walk straight I had my staples removed yesterday I'm healing on the outside nicely but inside is still bruised I can still feel pain but not as bad me personally the way I was i wouldn't be up for a holiday two days after surgery . I had to cancel my weekend away weekend just gone . The awful pain I used to get has gone I'm just in pain from the surgery . I wish you well and a speedy recovery ,

• Posted

Hi All

Thank you for all your suggestions,good advice and well wishes .

I have decided to cancel the operation date and keep the pre-operation date.

Fingers crossed it won't be another 7 months on the waiting list.

Cheers

Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve

Go for it, it will be the best way to recuperate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.