Rectal pains, unable to poop properly

Posted , 4 users are following.

-Male

-22 years old

-No serious medical issues

-Not taking any medications and only allergic to penicillin

Complains of: feeling of unable to complete poop properly if that makes sense, that there is always something stuck there at end unable to "wipe" away. Have tried extreme forcing myself to poop more but read that it's really bad for system so stopped. Tried to physically squeeze and extract any source when wiping but there's never been anything. Tissue has faint pink/red (guessing blood) marks and some poop marks. Usually end up leaving in pain (8/10) which makes it extremely difficult to concentrate on every day life and job. The feeling of something stuck there is most noticeable when I am walking and dissipates when I sit down in a way and "stretch open" to relieve the stress. And worst when I am walking and often extremely sharp stabbing pains.

History of issue: first had symptoms to a lesser severity a couple years ago during late teens, saw a GP a year ago who examined the area and said he couldn't see anything and it was fine, it was never completely fine for more than a couple poops however and I can't recall when was the last time I had a poop which I left feeling not stressed or sweaty or in pain.

Family history: my maternal grandfather had this issue.

Other relevant information: my trips to lavatory is usually once a day but sometimes twice.

I am really stressed and am studying in the medical field as well so I don't want this to affect me treating patients, however my university GPs are very overbooked and it won't be until 3 weeks earliest that I can get an suitable appointment, and I feel like they'll probably say the same again. What shall I do???

(I know this sounds silly but most GPs there are females and I am a little uncomfortable with this subject if you get me hence why I prefer male doctors)

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try stool sotfeners.

Take teaspoon only of fiber a day too.

More water.. Id be taking a look at your diet too.

As far a female docs.. They do this all day everyday and made a career out of bungholes so dont be embarrassed..

• Posted

It sounds like you have a hemmroid to me. A hemmroid is basically an enlarged vein in your butt. It can feel like an extra piece of poop that is trying to come out of like a deflated balloon. Don't push as this will only make the hemmroid worse. try doing these things called sitz baths. Fill your bathtub with warm water, and lay in it for about 15 minutes. Repeat this 3 times a day. I dont think you have a fissure as they are much more painful. Other suggestions: 

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.