Rectal Prolapse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone experience this?

I am unsure of what I am feeling.

Was diagnosed by Naturopath as having ibs-c. Constipation under control after almost 5 months. No more ab discomfort. Huge diet change. Also had rectal pressure for awhile but that is steadily getting milder and milder. Some days none at all. But now for the past 4 days I have a feeling of something sliding up and down in my rectum. There is no bleeding.

I thought it was a hemorrhoid and tried a glycerin suppository which helped. But the next day it was back. Tried a hemorrhoid suppository and it hurt really bad and made the problem worse so I stopped.

I do not feel this issue until later in the day. There is nothing sticking out of my rectum!

Has anyone experienced this?

I am making an appointment with the doctor but I am very scared.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried an ice cube every day?  This will shrink the haemorrhoid if you have one.  I would try the glycerin suppository every day for a week if it helped.  But don't worry.  Your doctor will do a simple examination to see what is going on.  You could have an internal haemorrhoid; external ones tend to stick out.  Since you have had constipation, a haemorrhoid is a possibility. Try not to think the worst.

• Posted

Hi Pippa,

Thank you for talking to me. I had a bit of rectal pressure so tried a glycerine suppository. The pressure went away but I have been left with the feeling of something still up there. I know it is not bm. It feels like it moves in and out. When I have a bm it feels like it moves out as the bm is ending, then goes back in. I tried another night of suppository use and it hurt and would not stop until I expelled the suppository. I am really worried about what the doctor will find. )))-:

Was hoping someone else on here might be feeling this.

• Posted

Your doctor will be able to help you more and give you an accurate diagnosis. Worry will make your symptoms worse.
    • Posted

So I the only appointment I could get is still over a week away and the soreness got so bad, my husband had to take me to the hospital last night.

The exam showed some redness inside but no hemorrhoids or fissures. I have a prescription for pain and suppositories for inflammation that I have to fill today. They applied a lidocaine gel so I could at least sleep last night.

I looked up rectal inflammation and it came up as 'proctitis'.

None of the 'causes' apply except maybe bacterial infection but I have no idea how I would have gotten that. I may have to start a new thread because clearly I don't have rectal prolapse...

I still have to wait and see my doctor next week to do more.

if you have heard of this kind of inflammation please let me know.

• Posted

Ask your doctor about proctitis and see what he says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.