Rectocele

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just to recap,I had a prolapsed bladder repair the beginning of April. Since then I had a tough recovery with pain and infections.b I've continued to have intense lower back pain/pelvic pain.  I made an appt and went to my gynecologist two weeks ago.  My dr was on vacation ( of course), so I saw one of her colleagues.  When he did the exam it hurt incredibly bad.  He's response was, I don't know why it is hurting? You have a rectocele, but I've seen worse. He put me on an oral antibiotic to get rid of the bacterial infection.  After in that for a couple of days I grew even sicker ( body aches, chills ect). So, they took me off that and put me on a antibiotic that you insert vaginally.  I just finished that last night but even inserting that causes severe pain. I have a call into my dr. I'm hoping she is back.  Am I being a wimp? I had all 5 of my kids naturally and handle it fine.  This is 24/7 pain.  Sorry so long any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi patti sorry to hear you are having such a bad time and after 5 kids no you are not a wimp ! How was the surgery was it vaginal or keyhole ? I am wondering if you have a pelvic mass (infection in the pelvic cavity) I had bowel surgery and had awful pain weeks after and was told it was wind ! Eventually they found infection in my pelvic cavity and I had a drain in and very strong antibiotics. Be firm with your doc you have had 5 kids and you know your body especially your lady bits !
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Hopefully you will be able to see your own doctor. It cannot be right you are in so much pain. And no you are not a wimp. Insist the doctors take you seriously! Good luck!
  • Posted

Nannylin, I had The procedure done vaginally and no mesH was used. Strictly attaching and stitches.  I made an appt and am seeing the dr in the afternoon.  The pain is just horrible.
    • Posted

Hi patti hope Dr appointment goes well. Try to be confident and insist you know something is not right. Try to write down your symptoms, feelings and worries. It's so easy to forget important info or questions when you are there. Good luck and post how you get on x
  • Posted

I certainly hope you are feeling better by now.  

I am considering a bladder repair to be done vaginally and using cadaver graft tissue for further support.  I'm scared of the surgery and wondering if you feel it was worth it?  I hate having the prolapse and I do wear a pessary for support now but hate it also.  Thanks and get well soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.