Rectocele and Perineum repair stiches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ladies, Just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem I'm having. I'm two weeks post op for rectocele and perineum repair . They decided to give me the perineum repair during the op as they noticed that after childbirth they had only repaired the top layer of skin and just left the muscle unattached.

The rectocele is healing nice and I have very little discomfort and the perineum wound has nicely healed too.

The only pain I have is coming from what feels like a small pea size lump to the right of my perineum scar.It at times makes my whole bum cheek hurt and feels like it's burning .If I get up too quickly a horrible painful pulling sensation comes from that area. I have read this could be one stiches knots?

Any advice would be great x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gingernic,

My thoughts are that this could be either an infection or an overgrowth of scar tissue but it seems rather fast for that, or as you say, stitches pulling,  but whatever it is, I'd contact the surgeon (or their secretary) and ask for advice and they can either direct you somewhere or reassure you.  We see over and over again that women get these issues but there seems to be a lack of care after these ops.  Ideally a card would be given to patients with a phone number, saying 'any problems, just give us a ring'.  But we don't live in an ideal world!  Hope it's sorted quickly and you can relax then:-)

• Posted

Thanks x Some days it's fine, other days nothing but discomfort . But I suppose I am only two weeks post op x I am back with the surgeon next week so will ask her then .
    • Posted

I'm just wondering if it's worse if you're more active?  Do remember to take it really easy and rest a lot:-)
    • Posted

I'm taking it very easy, oddly it hurts more if I'm sat down for a period of time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.