recurrent bv from partner

Posted , 4 users are following.

Whenever i slept with my partner i got Bacterial vaginosis (BV) and was on on antibiotics monthly. When we started using condoms it went away, then we tried again and boom i got it again. Hes the only one i have experienced with this with. I cant use condoms for the rest of my life as im now 38 and and want to try have a baby, but i cant if i get BV constantly from him. I have been taking acidophilius 50 billion for a year now and i have asked him to start taking them. Do you know any other ways to make this work so we dont have to use condoms? its a big problem in our relationship. Anyone experiencing the same or know the answer?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried suppositories? I used VH and haven't had a problem since now I use them every so often.

• Posted

Have you had your partner treated with metronidazole?
    • Posted

Nope but do you think this would work? The dr said there is no point to treat him. My partner also went for a check up and they said he was fine. The problem is that my body doesnt like his bacteria for some reason and then i get BV from that.
    • Posted

My mate was getting this and got her partner treated with metronidazole at the same time and it finally went away! Worth a go?
  • Posted

I'm sorry, as I have a new partner & am experiencing the same problems, but I'm over childbearing. I wish u the best of luck. This is horrific.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.