recurrent depression and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have started fluoxetine 8 days. Anxiety and depression come out of nowhere. 4th time. Much worse this time. Been fine off meds for two years. Now anxiety and panic reallyu unbearable. Worse when I try to go out. Struggling being alone during the day then collapse in a state when oh comes home. Gp says same dose for 4 weeks then review

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on for 12 days now. I've had 4 good days on it. I'm on a low dose 10mg once a day and my anxiety def worsened. I went back to my primary yesterday because it's been so bad, I thought everything was wrong with me. He assured me that this will all go away. I see him again on Friday. He also upped my Ativan to 1-2 tablets twice a day as needed. My husband works out of town 4 days a week but my sister comes to stay with me. I totally understand what you're going thru! There's hope!
  • Posted

Thanks. Isn't it hard for people to understand what we are going through? I had to see an emergency doctor last night as the panic and anxiety was soo bad. She just told me to stick with it. Forums like this are a lifesaver. I have taken fluoxetine before but never had side effects like this. Also taking Propanolol for anxiety.
    • Posted

Yes def. I'm turning 32 next Monday and never in my life have I dealt with anything like this. My mom went with me the last 2 times to the doctor (yesterday) and last week and I just cried all weekend and yesterday while I was at doctor appt. My GP is really tho. I was at ER a few weeks ago because it was so bad. My blood pressure was thru the roof. Never ever had that issue. I'm going to my first meeting this evening with a counselor so I'm hoping this is going to help as well. I've been suffering for about 7 weeks and it wasn't until the end of May that I got diagnosed with panic disorder. Hoping for some good days ahead!! Yes, this forum has been a saver!! Im on all the time!
  • Posted

Hi stick with it..yesterday marked my week 5 on flu..and I'm feeling better..I was in flu hell for 8 weeks. But now I'm better...take it day by day! I know it's hard...I still have my bad days..not completely there but having high hopes.
  • Posted

Have been trying to reduce after taking 15 months. Thought I as ok on 10mg but now all symptoms back, also IBS constipation with weekly diarrhoea and abdo pain.

Has anyone experience of taking Prozac for decades?

Originally badly depressed, but recent episodes mild depression. Anxiety and panic has become my worst problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.