Recurring symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this site but would be interested to see if anyone else experiences similar symptoms to mine! 

I was diagnosed 15 months ago and was put on Cabrimazole for a year. I have now been off the medication for 3 months and am seeing the endocrinologist tomorrow.

My blood results say I am now within the "normal range" but my journey here has been one that the endo says can't happer!! Every 2 weeks I have episodes lasting 4 days of having ALL the symptoms as they first presented-aches, fidgeting, shaking hands, sweats, nightmares and inability to sleep for more than  4 hours despite desperate tiredness, pounding heart, etc etc. The rest of the 2 weeks I feel well!!

It is so debilitating and depressing and rather annoying not to be believed from someone who sees patients with hyperthyroidism daily. 

Any responses gratefully received!! 

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

From what I read some endos will treat the patient not numbers but this is rare. A nutrionist, herbalist, functional medic will treat the patient. From my reading I started with all three with in weeks 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I also started with a psychologist who is looking at the stress. I am doing mindful meditation every day. I know it's early days but within a month of treatments and of course carbimazol. I felt the best I felt in literally years. I am trying to be optimistic and positive. If it doesn't work at least I tried. I have also started to adjust my meds slightly if I am experiencing symptoms of hyper and hypo. I read temp daily and check plus. I beleive we are the experts of ourselves and if fully informed we should take responsibility for ourselves. I am not suggesting you start self medicating but listen to yourself, trust your body get informed and get all the help you can. 

I wish I had done this last year. I don't think I would have this disease if I had. 

Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks Linda and Ann for your support and encouragement    I will do more reading on the fillings although the dentist and I did already talk about it briefly. I am the main bread winner, self employed ands mum of young children so I am viewing my health as a necessary out going. It is costing a lot but I hope wirth it. I doubt I will every wish we had had a holiday instead. The weather is being very kind thankfully. 

I am typing on my phone and it is accidently sending it deleting so sorry for irratic posts. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up