Red anus, discomfort and burning sensation, what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have anus red, not sure if it is infected. It happened 6 days ago, with multiple times going to bathroom passing stools I started to get burning sensation, discomfort ( not really itching at all). I was at the hospital, but they weren't concern, just apply cream/ gel, should get better blah blah.

I might see doctor only Monday, but to get referral  to right doctor might take a while.

My question is if you were on antibiotics, can you get yeast infection in the anus? I have sometime spasmatic pain lower abdomen and buttocks and sometimes in bonetail and dull pain anus/rectal. Good thing, I have no blood in my stools, so I am hoping nothing serious. But I still worry, if something is wrongsad

Doctor prescribe me Scheriproct Ointment, but my pain disappear for the night and i sleep well but when i start moving/walking i feel discomfort, irritating anus and buttocks area. 

I seriously don't see any lumps, just one part red towards perineum.   I am not that bad to go to emergency and I know they won't help since there is no blood, or fecal discharge.  When i touching/ pressing redness area I don't feel pain so far. Today I have some spasms all over my abdomen ( I have IBS) lower, back pain, some pain radiates to legs. I don't know if this related to my issue what I have ! 

I also bought some H preparation wipes, i sit in a bath ( a little bit relieves pain), i also put H preparation gel. I still don't feel much relief. 

I feel bloated too. I have another doctor appointmnent in  2 weeks time and I might request colonoscopy but I am afraid to wait for so long, as i have no insurance and no money to pay, I am just on public card, which is very bad situation so far for me.

If it is infection, would it be red buttocks and anus or just anus? 

When i sit down i feel more irritation sad 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You probably have an irritation in your anus from multiple trips to the loo. It could be a fissure or haemorrhoid. Apply the cream you were given and do not worry.  If you get constipated , try lots of fruit or try a stool,softener to make stools easier to pass.  Try a food diary to see if food is a problem. Take antispasmodics for your abdominal pain or try painkillers.  Your symptoms sound like an IBS flare up.  What you are experiencing is connected to IBS.

If your hospital doctors were not concerned, you should not worry either.  Your doctors are the experts; believe and trust your doctor.  Try distraction techniques such light exercise or hobbies to take your mind off your stomach.  The more you worry, the more flare ups you will have and the longer they will last.  Many IBS patients have worries that they have something serious.when they don’t.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.