Red area on penis head, skin peeling and slight bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! To start off I am a guy in my early 20s that's uncircumcised and I do my best to keep myself clean with a washcloth and warm water when I shower. I'm still a virgin so this can't be related to STDs.

So about 3-4 months ago I noticed a spot on the topside of my penis head that looked as if an outer layer of skin had been peeled off. It didn't bother me at all and didn't hurt, although it was a little more sensitive to touch. Figuring it would heal on its own I left it alone. It hasn't really bothered me up until now.

About a few days ago I noticed while showering & cleaning myself that there was a bit more of this 'peeling skin' which I mistook for smegma. I rubbed it a bit harder with a wet washcloth which ended up causing it to feel a bit more sensitive than usual. Once I got out of the shower I went to dry myself off and noticed the spot had gotten bigger and was faintly bleeding. I went to wash it off with water and ended up flinching due to the highly increased sensitivity on that same spot.

Now it seems to have spread a bit and is letting off a very small amount of a light-yellow discharge from that spot. Maybe there's a smell, though I can't tell as I shower after work. It does hurt just a little, but I can only describe it as being very sensitive to touch. If I get an erection it then starts to hurt a bit more on that specific spot. Keep in mind it's only this specific patch and the topside area of the head. The tip and underside is fine (for now). No pain when urinating.

I've looked around and out of all the possible results I can't determine what it could be. Would anyone have any idea what this is and how I could fix it? I'll go see a doctor if need be, but without insurance I'm trying to leave that as my last resort. I appreciate any assistance in this matter.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry my young friend.  IT may be a yeast infection.  If you don't have any insurance go to a male pharmacist and ask him  He may be able to suggest a cream that will help you  Ken  

• Posted

I agree it should be worth consulting a pharmacist, as suggested by kenneth1955, and as you have photos, they may be willing to have a look if you can get a private area to have the consultation (UK pharmacists usually have small private consulting booths). However, if in your are this isn't possible, I would, in your position, try an anti-fungal cream similar or same as used for Athlete's Foot first. (In the past I've used Daktarin and Canesten - I'm in the UK).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.