Red bump on penis

Edited , 4 users are following.

I imagerecently been seeing this red bump on my penis with dry skin that is very itchy and i cant go to the doctor because of covid 19 im a virgin so i dont know what it is. Any help?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Edited

Dear L222085,

Some questions:

Have you got any other itchy spots or itchy rashes elsewhere? Check your groin, scrotum, etc

You say you're a virgin, but have you shared a bed with someone recently?

Do you have any pets? Do they share the bed with you?

Two possibilities come to mind to explain an intensely itchy genital nodule:

Rgds,

Adhari

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you've not had sex or been intimate with anyone for the past month, it makes scabies less likely. It could still be an insect bite and if you want to apply something to relieve the itching, try Eurax (crotamiton) which can be bought from a pharmacist/chemist/drugstore.

Adhari

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's likely to be an epididymal cyst- look it up on Google. A testicular tumour or cancer would be a stony-hard lump within the testicle, so if you can distinguish your testicle and feel that the lump is separate from it then it's unlikely to be anything sinister.

As a precaution, you should still see your family doctor/GP and ask them to arrange an ultrasound scan once lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

did you figure it out? i have a very weird rash with a few bumps that also is worring me, hopping they aren't flat warts...but I did have scabies on my hand last year..so hopping that maybe..it's scabies

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hey! so i can say i had almost the exact same thing as you, i was wondering how yours is now ? im sexually active so i was super scared but the doctor treated me for scabies and gave me a cream. after it went away i still see discoloration where the bumps were.. do you have that too?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up