Red fat?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all, I've been taking Orlistat for 3 days and I've noticed nothing until today. I had a reduced fat lasagne last night and today I have had bright red fat floating in the toilet. Is this normal or could it be blood? I've had no weight loss yet but I am very excited and don't want to stop taking it if I don't have to? Thank you x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm new to this forum but been on blueys for 3 and a half weeks.

I notice the fat colour is quite dark orange to red after I have red meat such as mince - even if I have a tiny bit and extra lean a fat skimmed.

• Posted

If its orange and oily on top ov the water, u have ate something fatty, but if it looks like blood see a doctor xxx
    • Posted

Do you buy less than 5% fat ? I have that and I'm fine smile
  • Posted

It's oil!!! It could be what you had in your Bowles from before or you might of gone over yr fat allowance. They say 15g of fat per meal but don't eat anything over 5g per 100g else yr body will get rid of it ( orange oil) 

The pills do make you stick to the diet as the side affects are grim! 

Good luck Hun x

• Posted

This is exactly why I no longer eat anything with more than 2g of fat... If I have it in one meal then the rest is fruit and salad... I'm educated thru fear haha 
  • Posted

I have pink fat and lots of it lol, sorry couldnt resist.  

I have an orange looking film when i go to the loo at times, but like the others have said if you think its blood straight to your gp hun to be on the safe side xxx

• Posted

Thanks all - at least I know the pills have kicked in. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.