Red, painful, tender skin around vagina regions, what is it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m a 12 year old girl, and i presume i May have a yeast infection, however i do not feel pain when peeing . I only feel pain when my skin around my vaginal regions are being touched. Its red, too, which may be a factor. I have had a yeast infection before, and i know what it feels like, and the overall “diy” way to treat it; pure cranberry juice. Regardless, i still want to know what it is. I have found white (what i assume is discharge) around my clitorous, where it’s most pained. Not much, just spots. I’d also like to mention that i have not recently been getting discharge, like i normally do. If anyone could help me determine what this is and if it’s a yeast infection or not, I’d be ever so greatful. If anymore information is required, i will provide. I have started my period, i should be nearing my 3rd ever any minute now, and my second was so light i didn’t even know it was there. I am on vacation in Hawaii, and it has just now started. I normally get a lot of discharge. It does NOT hurt when i urinate. It’s caused the inner side of the flaps to turn red and sore, and if my under clothing is too tight, it’ll irritate me too. It has gone on for maybe 2-3 Days. If anyone has any ideas, please help, it bugs me a lot, and i hate it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

does sound exactly like a yeast infection, does it burn? As for the DIY medicine cranberry juice will not help with a yeast infection that is for a UTI to help with the symptoms until you can go in to get medicine. As for a yeast infection if you are on vacation and cant go see a doctor I would get the over the counter medicine called monistat any drug store should have it. Try going to one with a pharmacy maybe and they can help you find it, it is usually by the condoms, pregnancy tests, pads/tampons section. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.