Red patches on palm scared of either syphillis or even hiv , tested negative for both however

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had my one time unprotected sexual exposure 4 years ago , and around 3years after exposure i did a HIV Ag/Ab combo test and a VDRL / TPHA Syphillis test which thankfully came out negative, since my exposure i have not had any forms of sex.

Since a few months i have had small/afew red patch /or patches in one palm. there was only one and the other came recently , shown below are two pictures of my palm with them labeled. Should i be worried of either syphillis or even hiv? since i read that sometimes in hiv red patches also come? or should i rest assured that my tests were accurate? Thanks One picture shows the whole palm, the other shows the specific red areas. Should i be worried of syphills with these? 1st pic- https://ibb.co/c25QvS 2nd pic- zoomed in one with labels- those two red patches are the ones that are there https://ibb.co/iQBXaS

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No, you don't need to worry. Your tests results were outside of the window period and can be considered conclusive. red patches on hands could be a multitude of things. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply....yeah but i read that it looks like Palmar erythema and that is a symptoms of people with hiv?.... i am so worried but i just dont understand how it could be because i did my HIV TEST nearly 2 years after my exposure and it was negative
  • Posted

I wouldn't worry it looks like you might have dry skin. Do you work a lot with your hands. Try using Jergins ultra healing lotion

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply....yeah but i read that it looks like Palmar erythema and that is a symptoms of people with hiv?.... i am so worried but i just dont understand how it could be because i did my HIV TEST nearly 2 years after my exposure and it was negative
    • Posted

We have already had this discussion in depth. You don't have HIV. Please try to move on for your own sake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.