Red raised bumps around vagina that itch! please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 3 weeks ago, I was on my period and I felt an itch on the labia of my vagina. I didn’t think nothing of it but as times passed it started itching more to the point where bumps had showed up and become raised. It itches sometimes through the day and more at night. I’ve scratched them a couple of times before in the past and they ended up bleeding and having this clear substance come out of it as well. I never had this type of reaction before and the person that I have been with for a couple months had sex multiple times and never had this issue until recently. He’s been checked for any/all STDs.  Ive also asked my pervious partners if they had anything but they claimed to have gotten tested as well. But I also didn’t have a reaction until now. I’ve looked at many websites and pictures online to see what it was but i haven’t gotten a real answer. My skin is very sensitive in general so could it possibly be an allergic reaction to soap, shampoo and/or conditioner that has ran down to my legs? Could it be from the clothes I wear? I really just want to find out the possibilities of what it could be and why it has lasted for so long. please help I really need it! Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did you ever think or question the possiblity of genital herpes ??
    • Posted

I have but to me they don’t look like herpes.  But if they current person I’m talking to gets checked regularly and doesn’t have herpes and none of these symptoms happened to me in the past, I don’t know is there even a possibility that I have herpes? Or possibly an allergic reaction? Yeast Infection? 
    • Posted

hsv1 can be passed to the genitals via oral sex. A lot of people have hsv1 orally and most don’t know it cause they’ve never had symptoms. but it can still shed asymptomatically. the best way to test is to get a swab of the bumps done within 48 hours of them appearing, because blood tests are less accurate and can’t tell you where your infection is (although hsv2 is almost always genital). and even if your partners say they’ve been tested, herpes tests aren’t included in the normal panel of STD tests. you have to ask for it specifically.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.