Red spots on penis glans.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’ve been dealing with these red bumps on my penis for 3-4 weeks already and I have no clue as to what they are. I have tested all negative for STDS. I did not get tested for genital herpes however  3 different doctors saw it and rule out herpes or warts. So I did not get tested for it. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

If three doctors have taken a look and not been able to identify it, then we probably won't be able to either, especially without a pic.  If you want to add a pic, this should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser, or if that doesn't work, you may need to use a PC or laptop.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying back! These are the pictures of my condition. I don't think its Herpes or Genital Warts. Maybe fungus? What do you think?

• Posted

It doesn't look like herpes or warts to me either.  Can you think of anything that might have caused it?  Did any of the doctors say you might have balanitis (aka candida or candidal balanitis or male thrush) ?  That's a very common fungal infection, and that's what the first and third pics look like, though the second pic has a much larger bump that looks unusual.

If it's balanitis, then these links may help:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  (written for doctors)

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream.

• Posted

So I went to the doctor and he said it was warts. But honestly I didn’t trust his judgement. He straight out starting saying you have urethritis warts chlamydia. Yet I tested negative for all that with the other doctors and those other doctors ruled our warts and herpes and specially in std testing. They just however couldn’t figure out what I did have. And no I’m scared and concerned for my health. 
    • Posted

Specialize***
    • Posted

Yes that’s the biggest one. But Idk either because the other bumps aren’t as raised as that one. I was looking for similar stuff based on what other dudes have and I ran across fungus. Exact same bumps as mine so idk. 
    • Posted

That sounds very strange, especially since you normally need a swab or urine test to diagnose chlamydia.  In your position, I'd go with what the other doctors said, treat it as if it's balanitis, and see one of the first two doctors again if it's still there in two weeks.

• Posted

But it doesn’t look like warts right? 
    • Posted

Correct.  It doesn't look like warts.

• Posted

Hello so I have an update! After the urgent care doctor said I had genital warts! They sent me for treatment to a facility to get it treated.  When the doctor saw my condition she said 99% it was NOT warts. She said I’ve been doing this for 25 years and that does not look like warts to me. I have 2 friends of mines who are in the field and shared my pics with as well to see what it could be and they also said it did not look like warts and suggested fungus at the ER and another sti facility they said the same thing. So right now she suggested for me to use the cream for fungus. I’ll keep you updated 
  • Posted

I would highly recommend taking the HSV2 and HSV1 IGG blood test.  Just to rule out genital herpes.  Just because there are no open blisters does not mean it is not Herpes.  I had something similar on the glans but it went away the same time the blisters on my scrotum went away.  I am still waiting on results of blood test.   People have different symptoms of herpes I guess.  
    • Posted

Hello and I’m sorry to hear about that. Yes I just did those exams too so I’m waiting on those results as well. However the doctors did rule out herpes by just looking at them. (3-4 of them saw it). 
  • Posted

I am also having similar condition. I have treated for sti and std but still its still there. I am having something like bumps or pimples on the head of my penis and the shaft. Its itchy at the shaft but the head of my penis is not painful or itchy. I dont know know the kind of infection I have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.