Red spots on penis - very anxious

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm becoming increasingly worried about some red spots on my penis. It looks and feels like irritation from friction or possibly lubricant, but I'd appreciate the expertise of anyone who could tell me if it's something more serious. Note that it isn't painful or itchy. No discharge or anything else abnormal. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The slightly raised spots look like I had at the start of a Lichen Planus outbreak. I also had them on the inner forearms. Urologist and GP both identified them as such. When I had it in my inner cheek a dentist sent me to get checked. Hospital did a biopsy in case it was cancer. Confirmed Lichen Planus. Harmless, no treatment required. All raised spots went flat over a number of weeks and eventually disappeared. Came back after a couple of years - a little itchy on my arms. Went away after a couple of months. They are harmless ( if it is L P ).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.