Red spots on shaft

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone let me know what this is? Getting a bit concerned, any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long has this been there for mate? Did it come up after a sexual encounter?

• Posted

I had a few on my public area then just noticed them two on my shaft, and I'm not sure mate, you any ideas? It doesn't have the cauliflower look that herpes does so I assumed it was hair follicles as it was on my pubic area but not its spread to my shaft so getting a bit concerned

• Posted

I'm in the dark myself as to whether I have herpes or not, had lesions come up that healed within a couple of days and couldn't get to the clinic quickly enough to get them swabbed and they don't blood test for herpes in the UK unfortunately (they say it's not reliable at all). The cauliflower look is more likely to be HPV than herpes. Could just be regular pimples or another benign skin condition, best advice is get yourself to the quack or Clinic mate they'll be able to tell you more than what I or anyone else on here will. I wish you well pal

• Posted

I'm assuming its just a spot I have noticed it has now formed a whitehead on it, going to book into the clinic just incase

• Posted

probably is just spots man. Unlike myself you haven't had sores there that sting to the touch I think you are good

• Posted

Yeah hopefully man I will keep you posted when I find out what it is, have you had any progression at all as to what yours is?

• Posted

none at all mate I can't find out if I have herpes or not unless sores come up again and they can swab them which the nurse said was unlikely to ever happen again now.... how about you any update?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.