Red Spots on Tip of Penis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have these red spots on the tip of my penis. I don't believe it's the first time I've had them and assume it is Balanitis brought on by friction (masturbation and bike riding) the heat, and maybe skipping some post-gym showers.

I did also receive unprotected oral sex ten days ago and have been sort of freaking out about it. Went in for STI testing four days after potential exposure as I was feeling some urethral discomfort (no pain while peeing, but discomfort increased after ejaculation). Negative for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trich, Hep.

No other symptoms.

Started applying hydrocortizone and clotrimazole and pretty much instantly started feeling better. My feeling is that this is not something to get worked up about, but would love any thoughts. Assuming sexual activity is possible w a little extra caution used.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice you might have!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sounds like a bit of thrush if anything dosnt look all that bad not herpes or warts nothing serious going on there i wouldnt worry obviously if u start to see blisters ir wart like lumps go back to see the doctor... it could just be some irritation

• Posted

i would practice safe sex until it has cleared as if it is a bit of thrush u can pass it on to your partner but i dont even think its that the cream will help to ease any irritation apply thinly a couple of times a day it probably be gone in a day or so

• Posted

its commonly caused by thrush bacterial stds and poor hygene and uv been tested for stds so its one of the others

• Posted

I am have the same exact problem! They look identical. Did it ever get better? I am months in and still it hasn't gone away. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.