Red Urine During Period

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Ive recently been told that i have Adenomyosis, and have painful and heavy periods. For the last 4 or 5 periods I've had, every time i go to the loo my urine is bright red.

Ive had a pelvic ultrasound that didn't pick anything up (other than the Adenomyosis), so wondered if anyone else had this?

i have always had a little blood in my urine during menstruation but never like this!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have your doctors excluded the bladder endometriosis secondary to an adenomyosis?

Blood in the urine can be also a symptom of adenomyosis, but to be on the safe side they should exclude a deep endometriosis.

Take care!

• Posted

The ultrasound didn't pick anything up in my bladder, they said it looked normal

• Posted

Are you sure it's not just period blood mixing with urine? I know on my heavy days it my blood tends to be more watery and mixes with my urine whenever I pee, and when it all blends together in the toilet it can appear as if my urine itself contains blood. I know often our periods get heavier as we age, so maybe that on top of Adenomyosis has caused the increase in what may look like bloody urine. But, I'm no expert so if you're pretty sure the urine itself contains blood you may want to check with a urologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.