Redness on my penis: Any ideas?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ive got some minor redness around the tip of my penis. I had protected sex over two weeks ago and about 2 days ago i noticed the redness starting. I have no other symptoms or pain but i am obviously  concerned  about what this could be. Anyone got an idea. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Greekniko.  I suspect you have a fungus called Ballinitis.  Its not caused by sexual contact and can occur to anyone.  Cream (prescribed by your G P) or, you can obtain it over the counter. Very small chance of it being anything to do with your having had protected sex.  Have you got a foreskin?  You may notice that the redness may occur around the glans (head) of your cock.  It can come and go.  Let me know how you get on. Jon
  • Posted

Sometimes condoms come treated with spermacides and other treatments, which can cause irritation.

• Posted

Use a cream called clotrinazole. It will work but may take  a couple of weeks.  Spermicides shouldn't cause this problem although some are alergic to latex.  Who wants to use rubbers?

ps.  You can get it on prescription or buy it over the counter.  There is a stronger version of the cream whichc ontains a small quantity of hydrocortisone - that is only by prescription.

• Posted

Guys. Thanks for the comments. Ballinitis could be the cause. I am very careful when it comes to sex so I would be angry if it was anything much worse
  • Posted

Hi G. I was talking to my GP friend last evening (he who as recently treated me for my bout of Balinitis (look it up on Wikepedia).  He said that you almost certainly have it and that I was right in recommending the cream.  He doesn't like condoms but realises that they most certainly have their uses - unwanted pregnancies; STD's etc.  He also mentioned that your partner may have a fissure (a tiny infection in the wall of the vagina caused by a tear) which could have infected you (called Vaginitis).  Very unlikely, said he.  When I told him that your sex was with a condom - he ruled it out completely.  He' (like me) is convinced it's Balinitis.

Good luck.  (Mine was pleasantly itchy which wa nice but embarrassing. Is yours?)

• Posted

Could be many things , SOreness from the sex you had, masturbation, it could be a fever or meaningless rash, but it could be herpes from long ago , Only advice I have is get a blood test good luck
    • Posted

See your GP.  I suspect he/she will dismiss bloood tests as completely unnecessary but will probably confirm Ballinitis.  Why would he want blood tests when you say that your sexual practices have been 'careful'. Masturbation, unless practised incessantly won't make a person sore - normally
  • Posted

You probably just irritated the skin during sex.  Even with a condom on, all of the rubbing can have an impact on your penile skin, especially if you are an unlucky soul who has sensitive skin down there.  Start using a penis health creme.  A good creme containing Vitamin E will clear up that redness, and recondition your skin for future use.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I almost have a similar problem, though I took Cfolx to reduce the infection but did not apply any oral ointment, the itchi feeling persisted, today i tried to have sex, could not manage to insert as there was a burning sensation resulting and i could sense blood , probably caused due to skin rupture, I am worried. Please advise
  • Posted

I had a condition similar to you. It started with a sore tip of the penis when I was

Showering. I had a solid rash between my legs. This lasted over a month.

After many visits to the doctor I was given a referral to dermatologist.

The immediate answer was psoriasis. I didn’t think it was skin condition initially.

Because it was a solid rash. Psoriasis is has circular spots with dry skin inside.

Those spots developed much later than the original symptoms.

The cream they prescribed works miracles on the penis. But not so much so on the 

rest of my body. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.