Redness on uncircumcised penis head - present for years, no treatment has helped

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey,

23M concerned with persistent redness on uncircumcised penis head. NSFW pictures. No itching or smelling, but of note I had a mild yeast infection on the scrotum (treated with pimecrolimus).

I've seen multiple family doctors, 3 dermatologists, and am scheduled to have a urologist review. The consensus has been that there is either nothing wrong or there is a mild yeast infection. In either case, the doctors I've asked cleared me for sexual activity, but after a couple of partners commented on it, I've put that on pause until I can resolve this.

Treatments attempted:

Lamisil

Hydrocortisone

Lamisil + Hydrocortisone mixture

Ketoconazole 2% in Elidel cream

Pimecrolimus

(over the counter) Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

Could anyone provide some insight and recommendations for treatment - over the counter or otherwise? Appreciate it tremendously.

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I hope you can upload your photos direct to this site as it's very difficult to offer reaction without seeing what kind of issue seems to be your problem. I'd just for now just like to say that, if you're not experiencing physical discomfort and you've done your best to get medical opinion that anyway clears you for having physical relations, why put your sex life on hold? If it bothers partners that much, maybe it's a test of whether they really care about you or just want to use you for their own pleasure. (Something women and girls experience much more, but isn't impossible the other way round, maybe?)

• Posted

I realise I've appeared to assume you are heterosexual. I apologise if you are in fact gay, but the point I made still applies.

• Posted

You need to be on a PC or laptop to add pictures.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over mountains) will add images.

The pic I've attached here shows the icons: 

• Posted

Hey guys! Thanks for the responses. Pic attached. The "NSFW Pictures" text was meant to link to an imgur album, but looks like I forgot to attach the link.

• Posted

A moderator removed the link.

I'd normally agree with the consensus that there is either nothing wrong or there is a mild yeast infection, but if it hasn't responded to the barrage of treatments, maybe there's something else going on.  I'm not convinced there's actually a problem to fix though.

Please let us know what the urologist says, but I'd have thought you'd be fine to have sex.  I'm surprised any partner has commented, as it doesn't look unusual.  Maybe it looked different before??

This is the standard advice I paste in for balanitis:

These links may help:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro

(written for doctors)

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for posting the photo. I see one red, quite pronounced mark, which could be due to a small fungal issue, but it is so small that, as you appear to have tried various treatments, I would not worry at all if it were me. Skin anywhere can produce marks and blemishes, most of which are entirely harmless. Sometimes they are temporary, sometimes they stay. As long as you have no discomfort from it, I suggest you carry on with normal life, including sex.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.