Reduced from 40 to 30

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 days ago I dropped from 40 to 30 as my psych thought 40 was too high for me. I had been on 40 for a month. I feel very strange today nausea and like I m not here and very anxious

Is this cos of the drop ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Sarah I dropped from 40 to 20 8 weeks ago and what you describing I've felt like that for the past 2 weeks specially the feeling of strangeness like am not all there it most defiantly will be your Meds hun try stick it out and hope it will pass like I am good luck.

• Posted

yea I dint get any side effects till 6 weeks later and they don't seem to be going away fast am just taking everyday as it comes but everyone is different I've been on 40mg for 7 years so it may of took longer for my brain to notice the lower dose

• Posted

I was only on 40 for a month and have dropped 10. Am surprised I feel so bad. Not that I was feeling good beforehand.
    • Posted

bless you try stick it out if you can't bare it I'd give your go a ring I terrible at the min all I want to do is sleep as when am awake I feel so crappy like I'm not in my body a strange feel don't like it and am praying it passes

• Posted

Hi I haven't reduced my dose but from reading posts on here this does sound like increased side effects from reducing. It might have been better to reduce slower i.e. 2.5 mg at a time. Not sure as you have done 3 days on the reduced it might just be better to keep going and ride it out.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Have felt a bit better at times today.

I definately think 40 was too high for me but now have to readjust to 30.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.