reduction update

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks. Update from this entry here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/reduction-and-next-steps-403770

GP was keen to move from 30mg of Mirt down to 15mg to get a move on ready to switch to something else. I was very wary even though I have been on this for just 3 months. So I went down to 22.5 last night. I was awake needing the loo about 2 hours after going off. Then woke at 6 am ish and was unable to drift back off without jolting awake and being left with a not very nice residual anxious feeling, if that makes sense. I will persist with the same dose and see if this settles. I am really tired now but even if I sleep at all in the day or have a quick doze again I seem to jolt awake straight away and then feel worse afterwards, again with the residual anxious feeling.

BTW I am also taking Pregabalin 100mg first thing then 50mg last thing. Not a high does so debatable how much they are doing but don't want to change too much at the same time. 

I'll see about getting some exercise and doing some odd jobs to keep occupied.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I've been on Mirtazapine for 7yrs,I've been WD from 45mg,I'm now down to 15mg I did get to 12.5mg but because I suffer severer IBS I went back to 15mg.  I have not found it easy,but because you've only been on it for 3mths you shouldn't have to much of a problem.

The reason I'm posting to you is im also on Pregablin 300mg,I would just like to tell you DO NOT try to withdraw from both at the same time.

Give yourself at least 2mths between Withdrawel . Take Care 

• Posted

thanks for the reply. Yes, even though not that convinced Pregabalin is helping don't want to change too many things at once.
    • Posted

My GP,Once told me that you have to go up to 300mg for any effect,but like you Im on that mg and im not convinced it helps either.

But I did reduce Pregablin once and I felt really ill so I went back on it.

But on reflection maybe I came off them to quickly. Like I say don't be fooled just because you feel the Pregablin is doing nothing,still don't WD the two together.

• Posted

Hi folks,

Thanks for the discussion.  I would also not withdraw from more than one medication at a time and give it at least a few months between withdrawing from meds.

I'm withdrawing from 30 mlg to 0 with doctors direction because I found being on less of Mirtzapine actually had a really heavy sedating effect and the nausea came back, I tried this several months ago and it just didn't work for me so I went back up to 30 mlgs again at the recommendation of my GP for about 3 months, then I spoke to my psycharist and he suggested withdrawing straight of Mirtzapine complete and try using temazpine 10mlg to help me sleep.  Last night I actually took 15 mlg temazpine and I actually got a resonable sleep, about 7 hours which is enough for me, but I also had a nice bath and lathered myself in the non itchy cream all over before going to bed, because the itchys were driving me crazy.  Today's I've been ok with the itchys probably because I also got a good nights sleep, I'll do the same tonight....fingers crossed!

I also find good exercise is essential to my health and generally keeping myself busy mentally and physically, but that's not difficult for me because I have a 8 year old son and work f/t to p/t depending on what's available, I'm currently temping.  I am also still taking Cymbalta 60 mlg in the morning and the contracepative pill.  I found after about 3 years of suffering severe post natal depression which lead to my relationship breakdown etc and lots of horrible stuff, the above medication, lots of counselling and lots of working on myself,  I'm proud to say I am now ready to start coming off all the meds and try to lose some damn weight I have horrible gained being on meds etc.  I have a beautiful relationship with my son.  I'm still a single mum, but having a relationship is not my priority at the moment.  Good luck everyone, I really hope mine and everyone out there who suffers from horrible mental health problems finds their light, it can be a really tough journey, but there can be light.....  I only hope I don't crash after 2+ weeks without Mirtzapine, but so far I actually feel much better, phew....cheers for now nettie.

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement Nettie. Have been for a run has cleared the head a bit now, got caught in a hail storm in it at the end too biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.