Referral Waiting Game

Posted , 8 users are following.

Got letter from GP on Friday last week saying my referral is urgent and will have appointment by 2nd November. If I didn't receive my appointment by then to call, no appointment arrived so I called the hospital to be told my referral had been marked urgent but there are no appointments available. They say routine appointments are currently 22 weeks so mine will be sooner but they couldn't advice any further. So back to playing a waiting game trying to manage the pain on a daily basis.

Sorry for the rant guys

Debs

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Deba!!!

How very awful. I am in the USA so am absolutely useless on that front.

But, I might be able to help you wait...whatever wait means in the UK...

Perhaps a neoprene knee compression sleeve...it is specifically made to cradle to patella, knee cap.

It is best to elevate your knee above your heart while placing a frozen gel ice pack beneath the knee as well as on top of the knee for an hour while you read, telly, chat, knit or whatever.

Then extend your leg straight up and hold it up for 30 seconds. Now slip the sleeve on. In about another hour you should have much less discomfort and pain.

You may sleep in the sleeve.

Keep posting, we will all help you through the dreadful wait.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Perhaps you could have it done in the Greater Manchester area Debs.

Bury isn't hours away from the Wirrall,M56 and all that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.