Referred for ultrasound of gallbladder

Posted , 7 users are following.

After a weird couple of months health wise I now have be referred. All started in the beginning of January with terrible acid reflux after anything I ate, had the endoscopy which only showed bile in the stomach. Thought my current symptoms of back ache and right abdomen ache were related but they haven’t gone away. Does anyone else get dull aching in the abdomen and back with Gallbladder problems? It’s not really intense pain but constant dull ache about 2 hours after eating 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Here is the series of events i came across with the symptoms that you mentioned.

when i was 26 years in 2008, i had severed acid reflux and stomach bloating. I also had a dull ache on the right side, kind of dull numb feeling. Endoscopy came with gastritis.

Then in 2011, started getting mild pain on the right side with acide reflux and severe bloating and burping and dizziness. endoscopy again gastritis, ultra sound no stones and Hida scan shows my gallbladder is 0% working, advised to remove the gb, but did not remove.

in 2017, had severe bloating,burping and dizziness with neck pain. had diarrhea for 6 months. it was stopped using colestipol medicine. When i did ultrasound it showed multiple gallstones and also got neck pain with ringing in both my ears.Doctor has advised to remove the gallbladder, but not removed yet.

I dont know removing the gallbladder will solve this issues or not or you can avoid the dizziness/ringing in ears in addition to bloating/burping. but sooner the decision you take you dont have to suffer for a longer period like me.

• Posted

I just want an answer to whatever is going on. I get an aching in my legs sometimes but the main symptoms are backache and the dull ache around gallbladder area. I lead a very active and healthy lifestyle, don’t drink or smoke so it’s making me anxious 
    • Posted

2 things to do . Ultrasound for gallstones and Hida scan for gb functioning.I too don't drink or smoke and it seems its nothing to do with that. i think its part of genetics. Myself and my brother both are giving gallstones.

• Posted

Right sided pain and pain in right shoulder blade are classic symptoms of a gallbladder issue, especially as you say it starts after eating. Eat a low fat diet to see if there’s an improvement?
  • Posted

Yep pain on right hand side under ribs which went through to my back! Ask for an ultrasound of your gallbladder? xx
    • Posted

It’s smack in the centre of my shoulder blades and sometimes going down my arms, the pain is more of an ache like I have a cold kind of ache, same routine everytime I eat. Ache in right abdomen then moves to back and stays for a while. I don’t have a gallbladder that’s painful to touch thou. Is that normal 
  • Posted

Hi,

Sounds like the symptoms I had. Pain in the back and upper right hand side. Also in the legs. I had terrible acid reflux. The gallstones irritate the pherenic nerve. Goes to the back, neck, shoulder and knee. Also the area around your gallbladder is sore. It may be dull just now but if you have stones it will just get worse. I had it for 2 Years. Numerous tests but no answer. I have a large gallstone. I only found out when it was infected and inflamed and then it was emergency. I was in hosi for 3 weeks on IV antibiotics. Waiting on op.  Good you are getting referred. 

• Posted

It’s definitely affecting my bowel movements as well now, just got to wait for the ultrasound. 
    • Posted

Are you eating low fat diet? If not, I recommend you change your diet. Good luck!
  • Posted

I've been feeling the same things for about 2 months now. I'm seeing my GI doc tomorrow to see tests can be done now. I did not have endoscopy, but I had an upper right ultrasound which didn't show any gallstones. I'm definitely still experiencing the dull ache you explained (even with changing diet geared to help with gallbladder issues). I tried to add in fatty, fried meals a couple times to test if I would feel worse, and I did which seems to be a sign of some kind of gallbladder trouble. I've also ruled out tons of other things like thyroid problems, diabetes, any food allergies, you name it. Definitely seems like gallbladder to me. 

Hope you get answers/relief soon. I know how frustrating it can be! 

Brittany 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.