Refined Sugar

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do any of you feel eating sweets cause spotting flareups? Or more bleeding. So sick of all the spotting. How long does this last

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

While I can't say whether I've noticed any refined sugar spotting flare-ups, I can say that I noticed I stopped spotting altogether in the past several months and coincidentally had ceased eating sweets. However, I think my spotting cessation is due to the progression of my perimenopause. Who knows? I can tell you that I had regular periods until age 47 or 48. Then, I had them either every two months or twice a month for a year. For the past two years I've had perhaps four periods, and this year I have had only one period and a bit of spotting. I am 51 and will be 52 in two months. Let me tell you, spotting is the favorite of my symptoms. The others can be nearly unbearable sometimes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.